Default Heavy/Tacky track driving

What are some main things to do while driving when racing on a tacky track. This is kind of backwards because if the track slicks off or gets dry/black I am fine, always up front in contention, but I have had mixed results in tacky/wet. Usually top 5 but just not how I want to be since they say tacky is the easier kind of track to drive.

And I am not looking for setup tips, I know my setup is good. I am just looking for pointers to get more out of the car from driving changes between Tacky and Slick.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Move RR out.

Sounds like your car may be a liitle too tight when the track is tacky. Try more rear brake or put 1" spacer on RR.

The car isn't tight, it does what it needs too. I run rear brake on tacky tracks, I just do not feel that as the driver I am doing things correctly, like corner entry. I am a driver that likes the slick and I drive in straighter than most and that seems to be my downfall on tacky.

My current tacky track system is drive into the corner straight, lift a little, tap the brakes to set the car, and then get back on the throttle.

I am just wondering how guys typically drive a tacky track condition, I have won a few heat races and a feature on tacky this year, but I am not consistent at all on them like I am on a dry and slick track.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

I too was very good on dry slick and ran the car straight and it hurt me on the tacky tracks !! So I had to do two things move the rr out to free it up and back it in the corners!! Then as it dries up move the rr in and drive it straighter.

i always started the night off with car set up for dry slick ,would move rr out to qualify & heats ,u just have to drive in hard and pitch it in .as track drys out move rr in.. won 32 features one year like this and broke track records often in 1992 may not work like this today everyone has good cars nowdays

Theres nothing wrong with being a better driver in certain track conditions. Jimmy Owens and EPJ will both tell you, their better drivers in the slick. There was a tech article in dlm mag about a/b drivers.Some are just better in different track conditions.

Throttle turn it....no brakes as it kills your momentum!

Well, I used some of the above mentioned tips and techniques this weekend, and it went well. If the track wasn't one lane on the high side in the heat I could have passed the leader and walked away easily, but if you dropped down lower to pass, you lost way too much momentum in the grease. Unfortunately my steering box locked up in the feature and that ended the night for me and another guy as well... I will be back next week though! Than you all for the information!

And Todd, I actually tried tried the throttle turning in qualifying because someone suggested it at the track and I never lifted more than 1/8th throttle lol. But it drove a lot better on the highside!
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Also try not lifting and pulling the car down with the brakes to keep it more level to enter a tacky corner.Way quicker than lifting and jabbing brake then back on the gas.More rear brake when tacky will actually pull the rear end down while on the throttle not upsetting the car,level for entry.