Default Dirt Mod Alky Vs 110 Cooling

Running our mod on 110 coming up from Alky. Any recommendations on what to change for cooling? 327 done up to about a 377 .078 over. Should I run double pass, restrictor size, fan 4 or 6 blade? Thanks

restrictors are a farce. nothing but a REAL GM 4 blade, double pass shouldn't be needed...are you saying your block is bored .078 over and that makes your 327 a 377?

The motor was a 327 block originally then crank and bore and everything I think it's 375-385 range. I'm not sure on the specs of the motor. It was an engine I had bought out of an asphalt late model. Was worried about it running warm with how bored over it is. But after knowing the car it ran in and the dunno numbers I had to buy it for what he was selling it for. Glad I did because the crank was more than what I paid for the entire motor and had it freshened as well. I've never ran anything over .060 so curious what I should do differently with this motor. Hadn't run a mod motor on 110 before and on asphalt we were spec motors so this is fairly new to say the least. So if you could list exactly what's needed that would help me. Running the belt drive KSE pump as well for fan and obviously to the pump.

Don't . use a restrictor. Don't under drive the pump and buy or build a nice shroud. I've cooled big inch all steel motors with 16 std stock car fans no problem. Get a decent pump that won't cavitate like a Drake or even a Stewart. Run it 1:1 or even overdrive it and cooling won't be an issue. Water wetter or something similar will help as well along with a touch of anti freeze if your allowed and you won't have problems cooling. The issue might come with 110 if your compression is to high. Make sure your picking your gas based on your engine running compression and pick based on motor octane. Gas these days you need pay close attention to cause under rated fuel is very common these days.

12.5-1 motor 640hp 540tq ran 110 in the past and didn't want to switch to Alky since I do t need the extra HP and since I feel it won't be used like it had been on asphalt.

If the former owner didn't have any issues, I would copy what he had. If not BG's post above is spot on to the package we ran. Although, the gm four blade made our car run a little on the cool side. We were considering trying a two blade from Hendren.

One thing not mentioned above is keeping the radiator clean. I soak mine every two nights.

I am considering going from 110 to alcohol. Can you get away with running a single core radiator? If so, how small?