Default Rayburn to continue racing for remainder of 2014

October2,2014 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE C.J.Rayburn to remain in competition for remainder of 2014 C.J. Rayburn will continue to compete in SUPER LATE MODEL competition on the local and regional levels for the remainder of 2014 season. C.J. Rayburn entered his first race of 2014 at the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series event hosted by Brownstown Speedway, The Jackson 100 on September 19-20, debuting his 2015 chassis with newly redesigned swing arm that will be put into production at the beginning of 2015. When asked about the car C.J. Replied jokingly, “It is an awesome car, now if I just had a driver." “But seriously, we are onto something and when we perfect it, we will be back in the National Spotlight, once again." C.J. and crew have been doing research and development for over a year in order to come up with this new setup and it seems that it is all coming together with C.J. Rayburn doing most of the testing himself. At age 74, what is it that makes you want to climb back into a racecar and do this, “No one has confidence in my product, so if I get back out racing, and I beat them at 74 years old, I will have forced them to believe in it.” Said Rayburn. Plenty more of NEW and innovative things are coming out of Rayburn Racecars today, and as C.J. would say, “Don’t go away folks……….. I’ll be right back!”

btt btt btt btt

You have to have a lot of respect for the man…

Put Greg Johnson in it!

Back in the late 70's-early 80's I remember a local telling a story about Rayburn having a chassis jig made out of railroad ties or heavy timbers.

he probably still uses it lol

I would believe it Ed… I spoke with him many years ago. The guys I worked for had a DLM and ran quite a few NDRA shows. I may have seen him at one of those or at Eldora for the '83 World 100.