Default CT 525 pros/cons or

I recently bought a LM with intensions on running in the crate class. Our crate class in our area is about dead and I'm in limbo on what to do about a motor. I have a lot of interest in putting a CT 525 and just running with the supers. Obviously I'm out to make laps and get experience. I do not what to spend a ton on a open motor at this point. The tracks around here are bullrings and come the summer months it's dry and black obviously. There have even been some feature wins at some of these small tracks with a crate in the super class.. I guess my questions is would you buy a 604 and say run the crate at the one track that has the class and just run with the open guys at the other. With car counts it's pretty likely of making the features most of the time in open class. Or go the CT 525 and run with open guys and have more hp. I guess I feel once I got the laps in I would be more competitive, not saying id be winning but you get my point... Please give me your thoughts... Also, Has anyone seen the super Chevy series (525) and compared any lap times to the supers?

I would go with the 525. More horsepower will be harder to drive and build your skills quicker .

I would go with the 525. What is the difference in.price between the two? Has anyone done any performance modifications to a 525. What would be the best carb and headers for the 525.

CT525 is also "all aluminum" which will help your handling vs. the "open" DLM's, The 604 is Steel block/aluminum heads. Also Ct525 is starting to gain more opportunities to run.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Thanks that's pretty much the direction I want to go just wanted a little feedback on the 525. Thanks gents...

just remember it will take about 14-16,000 to get it in the car(depending on which parts you choose),not dogging it in any way its just some people think they can get in in the car for 10,000

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    just remember it will take about 14-16,000 to get it in the car(depending on which parts you choose),not dogging it in any way its just some people think they can get in in the car for 10,000
    the motor with the accessories package is $9950.00 from Nesmith. that's everything you would need except a carburetor. what else besides a carb would you need that I am not accounting for?

The Chevrolet Performance CT525 Engine is available at NeSmith Chevrolet in Claxton, GA for $6,995.00 with free next day delivery anywhere in the Southeast. They also have an interchangeable Turn Key Kit that includes everything except the carburetor, fuel pump, power steering pump, or headers that is also available for $2,259.00. To place an order, call Tim Bland at 1-877-497-3624.

[QUOTE=LITE-INN;1856653]The Chevrolet Performance CT525 Engine is available at NeSmith Chevrolet in Claxton, GA for $6,995.00 with free next day delivery anywhere in the Southeast. They also have an interchangeable Turn Key Kit that includes everything except the carburetor, fuel pump, power steering pump, or headers that is also available for $2,259.00. To place an order, call Tim Bland at 1-877-497-3624.[/QUOTE

as you can see above you'll have 12-14 anyways,and as much as 16 if you go with all the top notch stuff,the one good thing is it will save a ton in maint(thats where the savings is),i think it was ronnie Johnson that had a ton of laps on one,i want to say 4000 plus but i may be wrong on that

CARTERSVILLE, GA – NeSmith Chevrolet in Claxton, GA, the Nation’s number one Chevrolet Powertrain Dealer seven years running, is offering a special discount sale price on the all-aluminum Chevrolet Performance CT525 Racing Engine of $9,950, which includes the interchangeable accessory package.

The interchangeable accessory package for the Chevrolet Performance CT525 Engine includes the following: Chevrolet Performance LSX Ignition Controller programmed with wiring harness; a KRC CT525 Component Package that includes Front Drive Accessory, Water Pump, Belt, Pulleys, Tensioner, Alternator, LS Motor Mounts, Cross-Over Vent Tube, Water By-Pass Tube, and Mounting Hardware; HTD Flywheel with Flywheel Bolts; Schoenfeld Tri-Y Headers with Header Bolts; Oil Pressure Adapter; Transmission Mounting Bolts; and an HVH 2-Inch Spacer.

The all-aluminum Chevrolet Performance CT 525 Engine is in stock at NeSmith Chevrolet in Claxton, GA with free next day delivery anywhere in the Southeast. To place an order, call Tim Bland at 1-877-497-3624.

unless you are buying a 2k dollar carb its not 12,000 I am not being argumentative but it can be done for close to 10k if you already have a carb. I don't run one as I currently have a clements 440 but I am seriously considering one as some of my friends have gone to them. I can buy one for less than I can freshen my current motor lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by lake speed View Post
    CARTERSVILLE, GA – NeSmith Chevrolet in Claxton, GA, the Nation’s number one Chevrolet Powertrain Dealer seven years running, is offering a special discount sale price on the all-aluminum Chevrolet Performance CT525 Racing Engine of $9,950, which includes the interchangeable accessory package.

The interchangeable accessory package for the Chevrolet Performance CT525 Engine includes the following: Chevrolet Performance LSX Ignition Controller programmed with wiring harness; a KRC CT525 Component Package that includes Front Drive Accessory, Water Pump, Belt, Pulleys, Tensioner, Alternator, LS Motor Mounts, Cross-Over Vent Tube, Water By-Pass Tube, and Mounting Hardware; HTD Flywheel with Flywheel Bolts; Schoenfeld Tri-Y Headers with Header Bolts; Oil Pressure Adapter; Transmission Mounting Bolts; and an HVH 2-Inch Spacer.

The all-aluminum Chevrolet Performance CT 525 Engine is in stock at NeSmith Chevrolet in Claxton, GA with free next day delivery anywhere in the Southeast. To place an order, call Tim Bland at 1-877-497-3624.

unless you are buying a 2k dollar carb its not 12,000 I am not being argumentative but it can be done for close to 10k if you already have a carb. I don't run one as I currently have a clements 440 but I am seriously considering one as some of my friends have gone to them. I can buy one for less than I can freshen my current motor lol!!
    this is less carb,fuel pump,power steering(unless I'm wrong and I've been wrong before),but yes 7000 for a brand new engine can be cheaper than some freshen ups,we have been looking at this option also,but if you need the above you will be right at 12 anyways
    Last edited by grt74; 10-12-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Don't these motors run on pump gas too? Even if you mix a little higher octane it would be a huge savings,,, I'm also debating on buying one.

If you don't have the accessories like power steering pump you would need them either way so it's a wash.

Personally I have watched a ct525 run up front with "hall of fame" guys. I believe this year at the Topless event at Tyler co. Zach dohm finished 7th against Sonny Conley , Paul wilmouth , and Davey Johnson.... I believe the ct525 really holds it's own on the dry slick. The problem that really stands out is qualifying when the track is tacky the crate just doesn't have anything for the open motors and you find yourself having to fight all the way to the main..

I know of two CT525's doing well against MARS and MLRA cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    I know of two CT525's doing well against MARS and MLRA cars.
    care to enlighten the rest of the world on who it might be?