Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    FK Teflon lined? Currently happening to the latest ones sold?
    FK has been providing the option for Teflon lined for as long as I can remember. Just add T to the end of most part numbers.

So whats that got to do with anything?
    It appeared in your post that you were questioning whether FK sold Teflon line rod ends...

...obviously I misunderstood.

So what were you asking if that isn't what you were asking?

FK Teflon lined? Currently happening to the latest ones sold?
    Yes SCD the lined ones can get very stiff if lubed with some of the chemical based sprays. It isn't brand dependent either.

I have too. I have had a few rod ends get really stiff from lubing them before I knew why. It seemed to take a while though. Once they go stiff though, you know instantly.

I have been using triflow dry lube or blaster dry lube for the past year or so. I have not noticed any ill effects with them. I used to use whatever penetrating oil or lube spray I had. Honestly, I don't know if the dirt they attract causes the issues or if they truly swell or hinder the teflon lining. You can feel them lock up though. Then upon inspection see that the lining has either deformed or shifted. I haven't had that problem since switching. A friend of mine who owns his own airplane told me about the triflow dry lube. He uses it on all his movable linkages which he uses high end teflon lined rod ends on. May not be the best and others may have something they like better, but this has worked for me.

I always used to swear by TriFlow but our non PTFE-lined heims with relatively little wear would be squeaky at the end of the night. We switched to Blaster and no problems since. Like scd, the only non FK PTFE lined rod ends we have now are the j-bar and the shocks. The frame end of the j-bar is where we would always get the squeaking.
    I honestly think they changed the formula of TriFlow sometime in the last 5-10 years. It started smelling different around the same time I started noticing squeaking. It also seems a little more volatile than it used to be.

It seems every company has to change a good thing. More than likely cost to produce changed their formula.
    Matt49 blaster does work well too and easy to find.
    Let me know SCD what you are using. I will get some as well.

Read the guys post I was responding to, it seems clear to me. I wanted specifics and factual information. Considering what he advised the guy to do, I doubt much helpful will be coming from him. ("replace the lined rod ends with cheap and see if that fixes the problem")

Half these people on here are talking and posting about stuff they have HEARD.. Most have not experienced this stuff first hand. I wanted to know if as usual this was the case with his claim.
    Don't know about this claim, but justadddirt is a very accomplished racer!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Don't know about this claim, but justadddirt is a very accomplished racer!
    Hes trying to rule out for you that it has a seized heim due to swollen teflon liner. I've had it happen I changed what I lube and clean mine with I use a dry lube now. The teflon lined can run at higher loads before they bind from load compared to the steel on steel. It really helps in the steering components. I'd say he is spot on in his advice. I don't use tri flow I use this old stuff my pops has cases of called dri-film

Default heims

Read the guys post I was responding to, it seems clear to me. I wanted specifics and factual information. Considering what he advised the guy to do, I doubt much helpful will be coming from him. ("replace the lined rod ends with cheap and see if that fixes the problem")

Half these people on here are talking and posting about stuff they have HEARD.. Most have not experienced this stuff first hand. I wanted to know if as usual this was the case with his claim.
    I have experienced this. I will not say the name of the company that made the heims.
    I do not lube the heims, I just make sure that they are clean.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by 7uptruckracer View Post
    Hes trying to rule out for you that it has a seized heim due to swollen teflon liner. I've had it happen I changed what I lube and clean mine with I use a dry lube now. The teflon lined can run at higher loads before they bind from load compared to the steel on steel. It really helps in the steering components. I'd say he is spot on in his advice. I don't use tri flow I use this old stuff my pops has cases of called dri-film
    Yep. I just couldn't answer if it was first hand or not. I know what he was saying was right.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

with your rear end hanging, and having a 1/2" of yoke showing..jack up your right rear,. and jack your lift arm up about 3" that half inch will probably disappear. had the same situation with my grt, thought I was fine on yoke clearance til i jacked up the lift arm simulating on the gas. yoke bottomed out moved about 3/4"