Default Difference between A & H

What are the differences between Hoosier A & H compound tires? I've got a new H through a buy out and haven't used it because I don't understand it.

an A is a medium compound, H is hard. very hard. good for really dry slick track.

h sucks!!!!

H is very good tire if you know when to use it and how to cut it, not the best tire in the rubber but in the dust, or even hard packed ripples it's hard to beat. They don't last long if your cars hooked up about 50 laps it's done

Anyone know anything about UMP's new tire? The A40s?

its suppose to be the same rubber compound as the LM30

The A40s is the same compound as the lm30s they started running last year. I liked the original lm30, I know nothing about the lm30s.

LM30 from what I remember of them, they are garbage. They glaze over under cautions, or never take off at all.
    I think they have a lot of synthetic rubber in them. They feel plastic-ey
    I know of no one that run an LM30 in my area, they would typically go from an LM20 straight to a LM40.
    Last edited by JustAddDirt; 10-27-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    LM30 from what I remember of them, they are garbage. They glaze over under cautions, or never take off at all.
    I think they have a lot of synthetic rubber in them. They feel plastic-ey
    I know of no one that run an LM30i in my area, they would typically go from an LM20 straight to a LM40.
    I think they changed the compound around the time Mars won the firecracker and bloomquist protested his tires. Bloomer just knew Jimmy was cheating tires because after a caution he just took off again, tires were legal they had just changed the compound. I think that was about 3 years ago.

Default tires

Quote Originally Posted by save the racers View Post
    I think they changed the compound around the time Mars won the firecracker and bloomquist protested his tires. Bloomer just knew Jimmy was cheating tires because after a caution he just took off again, tires were legal they had just changed the compound. I think that was about 3 years ago.
    We can only hope they changed it
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.