Thread: Bilstein shims

Default Bilstein shims

Bilstein shocks we are working on have a 8mm ID shim. Bilstein shims are hard to buy without buying a whole stack and then you dont know what you are getting in the stack until it arrives and you measure it. Does anyone know what other brands also use the 8mm ID shaft?

Give BSB a call Jay can help you find what you need (620) 326-3152.

Resuspension and I think a place called fast lane or fast line from the east coast both sell individual shims. You can also convert your piston and shims to an ohlins x stack and use an adapter that is sold also it's like $12.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroracing View Post
    Resuspension and I think a place called fast lane or fast line from the east coast both sell individual shims. You can also convert your piston and shims to an ohlins x stack and use an adapter that is sold also it's like $12.
    I was wondering what the 12 to 8mm bushing would fit. I bet it's an ohlins I've heard of people using them in bilsteins.

Most the shock companies you call don't want to talk to you after they figure out you are just wanting to buy a few parts

Quote Originally Posted by save the racers View Post
    Most the shock companies you call don't want to talk to you after they figure out you are just wanting to buy a few parts
    Jay has a lot of shock parts listed in the BSB catalog if you call him I am sure you can get what you need and the price will be right.

I have all of my Bilstein rebuild stuff for sale. I can send you pictures if you PM me.
    I have tons os shims, shafts, piston bands, floating piston o-rings. Basically everything you need to rebuild a Bilstein. I also have a machine I'm selling to rebuild sealed bilsteins without installing a schrader valve.
    I need to get rid of everything.

Kevin