Default Help with changes for slick track

I've got a pretty good setup for tacky track, but I stink when track slicks off. I run spring on rear and shock in front on LR and coil over in front on RR. J-bar on left frame set at 4". What changes are you running when track gets slick. Bar changes, wheel offsets, J-bar change, droop change, or whatever? Looking for something with a pretty big swing cause I really suck on slick(car just seems to slide up track and never gets any bite either front tires or rear tires). Thanks for any help.

ask rusty mod crosspurposes oldschool mod they are the all out pros

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    ask rusty mod crosspurposes oldschool mod they are the all out pros
    3 rounds all the way around on my grt

Charlie, so you are raising up the weight of the car for more side bite?

im adding lr bite. but when you do this you have to becareful of the front getting to high. turning the bolts on the 4 corners doesn't always keep the front level

Thanks for the reply Charlie. My car reacts to GRT setup changes almost to the "T". I've never done what you suggested, but I will try it next time slicks off.

Put your car on scales and you will see that putting the same amount of rounds in all four corners does not add much if any lr bite. It raises all four corners. As i said you may be adding a little lr as the threads on the front bolts and rear slider and coil over are not the same.If you want to add lr bite, depending on how much, put rounds in the lr. If you want to keep ride heights the same put rounds in rf and lr and take out the same amount in lf and rr. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by oldtrackchamp4x View Post
    Put your car on scales and you will see that putting the same amount of rounds in all four corners does not add much if any lr bite. It raises all four corners. As i said you may be adding a little lr as the threads on the front bolts and rear slider and coil over are not the same.If you want to add lr bite, depending on how much, put rounds in the lr. If you want to keep ride heights the same put rounds in rf and lr and take out the same amount in lf and rr. JMO
    If you're running a heavier LR or RF than the opposing side it will go up on LR bite.

Try re-reading my post. I did not say it doesn't go up. Also was talking in general. Changing air pressures will change bite a little bit also. Of course you know that. JMO

Never ever heard of raising car for a slower track. Attitude of car is still really important. I've heard of raising left side or lowering right side, I like two turns out of rr and one out of rf if car is handling well. I've been doing a lot of lower bar movement and indexing. Don't like bite adjustments too much unless you know what adjustments to make to counter act the loose in or are good enough to stay on throttle and on bars all the way to the center.

I Agree with you . JMO

I wasn't talking about raising chassis, 3 rounds in rf and lr. 3 rounds out on lf and rr. but as I said you have to recheck front ride height. it doesn't always come back to correct ride height

Had you stated in your first post that you were putting in and taking out rounds, your post would have made sense .JMO

I thought he was saying 3 rounds in on all corners too! Lol! I agree with 3 In the lr/rf and 3 out of the rr/lf. That's what I usually to to my stuff.

Three rounds in and out may be too much causing car to be to loose on entry depending how much LR bite you had in it to start with. There are numerous other ways to tighten car on slick track. Less air in all four tires, 1in spacer on LR, more fuel load/more rear%, less rear stagger, backing up corner, throttle control, driving straighter into corner, lighter spring or bushings in pullbar and changing shocks and or springs and shocks. Also tilting car as Charcoal mentioned. JMO
    Last edited by oldtrackchamp4x; 10-27-2014 at 02:50 PM.