FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 21st, 2014

Jason Hughes Claims LOLMDS Rookie of the Year Title

Westville, Oklahoma (10/21/14) – The final event of the 2014 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) campaign was contested over the weekend with the 34th Annual Dirt Track World Championship at Portsmouth Raceway Park (Portsmouth, Ohio), where Jason put a wrap on the 2014 LOLMDS Rookie of the Year title in his Rowland Motorsports #12 Bloomquist/Pro Power Racing Engine Super late Model.

Jason went into battle against a loaded field of eighty-nine competitors, and via time trials he locked into the sixth starting spot on the grid for his heat race. Unfortunately, a multi-car melee in the heat race caused damage to his #12 entry that left him unable to continue. As a result he would have to start deep in a b-main on Saturday night.

Rain on Saturday would however force the program to be pushed to Sunday afternoon. In the b-main Hughes would mount a great charge to the front of the pack but finished just outside a transfer spot. This forced him to utilize a series provisional to lock into the 30th starting spot for the 100 lap, $50,000-to-win finale. Jason advanced to an eighteenth place finish in the final rundown.

With the LOLMDS campaign now complete, Jason Hughes claimed the Dunn-Benson Ford Rookie of the Year title and finished tenth in the overall series' standings. Full results from the event as well as the final series standings are available at www.LucasDirt.com .

"I want to thank Rowland Motorsports and all of my sponsors for helping me achieve my goal of claiming the rookie title this year," said Hughes. "It was definitely a tough challenge, but I had a lot of great help along the way, and I can't thank everyone enough for making this possible."

While Hughes' year in the Super Late Model ranks may be complete he still has a full schedule in front of him in his #12 West Siloam Pawn/Hughes Race Car/Mullins Racing Engine Open Wheel Modified. This weekend, October 23rd-25th he will go into battle at one of his favorite tracks, Salina Highbanks Speedway (Salina, Oklahoma) in the 2nd Annual Sooner Showdown. Thursday pays $1,500-to-win, while Friday is $2,000-to-win and Saturday is $2,500. If a driver can sweep the weekend he or she will receive a $4,000 bonus. More information on the event is available at www.SalinaHighbanksSpeedway.com .

Jason Hughes would like to thank his sponsors including Road Runner Trucking, Road Runner Crane, AFCO Brakes, West Siloam Pawn, Gressel Racing, Hughes Racing Chassis, Road Runner Trucking, LLC, Mullins Race Engines, JRI Shocks, Hanson Tire Service, Braka Operating, Sunoco Race Fuels, Mert's Truck Center, SAEF Custom Finishing, Wheeler Metals Rainbow Graphics, Hooker Harness, Quarter Master, Beyea Custom Headers, Ultra-Shield Race Products, MB Machine & Tool, T&D Machine Products, Callies, Quick Car Racing Products, Dan Olson Racing Products, FSR Radiators & Racing Products, Tiger Rear Ends, Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil, Sweet Mfg, Real Racing Wheels, Rod End Supply, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Jason Hughes, please visit www.JasonHughes12.com .