Default Body question on new build

This is a pretty simple question, just looking for more opinions. Mini Stocks are fairly new at our track (1/4 mile high bank clay), going on our third year. We have a pretty good group, no rolling demo derbys, not much bashing and crashing yet. As popularity goes up that could change. I hope not, but you never know. We run a Cavalier and a Saturn now, but am looking for something different than the usual FWD low line everyone runs, so found a great deal on a Mustang that was already built. The body is pretty beat up so plan on putting new panels on it. Looking at 5 Star (decent prices and close by). My question is, steel for durability or aluminum for weight savings? Any one have good/bad experience with aluminum? I'm really leaning that route (my philosophy is make em as light as possible and add weight where it helps), but anyone I ask around here says go steel.

Aluminum. Lighter weight. Easier to pound out. Easier to replicate.

Lots of tracks require steel OEM bodies, I would check your track rules.

Ours doesn't on the Mini's, nor the next closes 2 tracks. That's why the last one was a Saturn. Thx for the replies!