Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spark Plug question?

Just got done building a 355 with double hump steel heads, I was going to run a # 26 autolite spark plug. Now the problem is that the autolite #26 plug has a tapered seat, my heads are not tapered seat heads. Any suggestions?, I'm on a budget. I'm running a .040 piston that's 11.5 -1 compression. 206 intake 160 exhaust, solid lift cam, 750 cfm holley. Going to be running on a 3/8 mile banked dirt track, in a limited late model. Any advise would be helpful, Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by tn_dude05; 10-26-2014 at 03:29 AM.

If you are wanting a budget plug then run an NGK 3522.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

Lol stock car I was thinking the same
    Thing lol did he really ask if he should get new heads for the plugs he has ?? Lol lol lol

I have some spark plugs I could sell you. Custom race application and fully built and dyno tuned. Ill sell them to you for half the price of a good set of heads. Won't find better dyno proven plugs.

Autolite 411 will fit and work well. Please ignore the b.s . there is alot of it to overlook around here.

Thank you Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gray View Post
    Autolite 411 will fit and work well. Please ignore the b.s . there is alot of it to overlook around here.
    If u wanna talk abt b.s. Let's get to it. Running a .040 piston does not make a355 makes it a 357 and with those heads running that displacement you aren't running 11.5-1 compression you're running 9.5-1 possibly 10-1 depending on head gasket thickness so there my friends is where the b.s. Began. And autolite plugs? I wouldn't bother pissing on autolite plugs as its a waste of time

Autolites work just fine. Want loss of power get a Bosch, e3, or more some other mass marketed junk. Auto lite or NGk work just fine.

I'll agree Bosch and e3 are junk. But I've had entirely too many bad autolites bad straight out of the box. Both in street and race applications.Want a great race plug run a brisk or even an ac delco

On smaller engines we tested plugs and the autolites made the most power on single cylinder go kart motors. So if we saw a good change there on a little motor I don't know if it would translate differently to the v8s we run today with the ignition systems as well. I just know on a little motor they worked great and had better power than the NGK. My $.02

When they are bad outta the box or have a high failure rate which I have experienced both on too many occasions it's time to look a new direction. More power=nothing if it's not reliable

Quote Originally Posted by Spbulldog View Post
    When they are bad outta the box or have a high failure rate which I have experienced both on too many occasions it's time to look a new direction. More power=nothing if it's not reliable
    out of the zillion plugs autolite has made, you must have gotten all the bad ones, ive been running autolites 23s for 25yrs in chevys and fords and knock on wood, ive never got a bad one out of the box.

U do realize autolite was bought in 2011 and since then their quality has plummeted .if I got all the bad ones....well....u guys can thank me later for saving u from the problems

Who bought them out?

In 2011, Honeywell sold its automotive consumer products group to the Rank Group, which set up FRAM Group, LLC and several other companies to take over the operations and the transfer of ownership of the acquired trademarks

Actually they have changed hands several times since 1980

All I know is that if you look under the hood of nearly any cup car they are equipped with autolite. I don't know about you but I'd bet they aren't using them because they suck.

all that swapping hands stuff is just wall street, nothing to do with the product, but I didn't know about the 2011 swap though.

Didn't use autolites when I was at DEI back befor ganassi....back when they were making power. And Hendricks runs champions

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gray View Post
    All I know is that if you look under the hood of nearly any cup car they are equipped with autolite. I don't know about you but I'd bet they aren't using them because they suck.
    Didn't use autolites when I was at DEI before ganassi ....when they were making power. And Hendricks uses champions