Default Late model bodies

Was wondering if any body has bought the performance bodies late model body package? Is it worth the money and do they look good? Just looking for some opinions before i buy one or should I have a local guy bend me one up. thanks

I had one on a roller I bought. Looked great. Shipping is an issue for me, so it's not cost effective to go that route. I bend my own up. Doesnt look as good, but my skills are far from good.

Nothing will ever look like a body built on a specific car by a legit fabricator.

Agreed, professionally built bodies look better because the guys use correct tools and typically do many per year. Guys in their garage do one a year maybe and it shows. That said I bought a used car once that come with a performance bodies kit, the doors were two piece and I hated that other than that it fit good and went on fast/did not look bad.

If your local guy builds a bunch then go to him if you have the coin.

I do my own evert year plus one or 2 others for friends or anyone that asks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's presumptuous. I do all my own work and my stuff is professional looking because I care and give attention to detail. The tool is only as good as the operator even if the tool is "home made". What rubbish.

Lizard I wasn't saying you have to build body's professionally to have professional looking stuff. Many of us who only build one a year have nice stuff

Huck, I thought at one time you were building bodies?

That was way before I realized how much money there was in deck building. Now that I have time the body in my car will be nasty this year . I've always been in a huge hurry and didnt have enough room in my shop to do everything I wanted to but now I do. It would be way cheaper and easier to buy cars already assembled but chassis builders just slap stuff together from what I have seen.