Default Titan oil pump issues

Oil pressure dropping below 20 psi when braking hard on sbc 421 18 degree .warning light coming on .. Goes almost to zero but comes up when raise rpms. Jeff johnston custom 10 qt pan . tried adding extra qt. of oil . My thinking is I have a drain back issue pump is draining pan .It doesn't have oil drains in right head to oil pan. Was thinking of installing one. Does this pump have adjustment for idle or just max psi? Which is aprox 60... using Schaefer 20-50. Was told by builder that this is common, but I don't like it... Never have problems with melling pumps from past motors.. Think drain backs fix it or go back to melling and canton/ champ pans

It could be a drain back problem. Oil is getting trapped inept head causing a low oil situation in pan and under breaking causing oil to run away from pickup.i would try a return line first but that's my opinion

Or maybe weld some small baffles in pan to slow oil running away from pickup

eng was fresh this yr just started around June and has became gradually worse, is there a prefered place in oil pan to drain into ? Going to call Titan and see about rebuild kit while pans off.

U currently have a return line on pan correct? If so just tee into existing line

Also. The system should have a check valve somewhere in it to keep all the oil from draining into pan and pump being empty at startup. Make sure this isn't clogged/ stuck as this can cause pressure problems

No existing drains to pan

This is pretty common problem when someone bolts on a titan and hasnt worked the oil drain backs over really hard(go search on yellowbullet). Get oil drain backs in heads opened up, when you think you are done go some more. Get the line from the head to the fuel pump boss to help as well.

I talked with jeff Johnston of billet fabrication who was helpful explaining importance of drain backs with Titan pumps , he suggested after confirming that oil restrictors were installed I should install drains in front and rear of right head to pan. Appreciate everyone's input.

I would go from the right head to the left side of the pan..