Default Accuforce Vs. Gale Force

I'm thinking of getting a coil over load tester to make some tutorials for the site. Do you like the Gale Force Data Pro or the Accuforce Spring Smasher? What do you think?
    Owner/Blogger/Crash Test Dummy
    www.nextlevellatemodel.com

I havent got a clue which machine would be better, but from my standpoint one of them has smasher in the name. It would be a no brainer for me.

The gale force data pro is a more advanced machine as it interfaces directly with your lap top the same way a shock dyno does. It's more expensive but from what I seen in a live demo of both the gale force is the superior piece

mine are actuator driven . have a pc interface . will do push as well as pull (the others dont do pull) and cost half as much!

j-mac has one as well as the revelution people to name a few. no complaints.

give me a call if your interested 513-519-7745

forgot to mention they are self contained power as well no need to even plug it in.

i have bought the intercomp one ,yes its a little slower and you do have to do it manually(and keep up with your measurements) but it does do the job,if your just using it yourself one of the cheaper ones will do just fine,it just takes a little more time but they will work,now if you want the latest,greatest the gale force is it
    Last edited by grt74; 10-27-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Well, it seems they are all great as we use the Accuforce and it works great. It is also the one you will see in most top teams trailers(Not that we are a top team!lol).

intercomp is what we use

I use the accuforce. Tech from keith was helpful too.

Wow... Sounds like there are lots of good options. Sounds like a few things are important:
    1. Cost (obviously)
    2. Ability to graph the data
    3. Electric vs. Air over hydraulic vs. manual

I gets lots of questions about coil over testing on my site and I'm going to be writing some articles and shooting some videos explaining exactly how to use them.

I use an Intercomp and am very happy with it for the price. I'm planning to buy a 2nd for our trailer.

The only issue I have is the load cell was not calibrated correctly and would error at 1500 lb, so I had to send it back to Intercomp to be calibrated.

I have an intercomp and I sent the unit back 3 times before getting one that worked , then the one that worked the jack got stuck in the extended position after a few weeks , and they sent me a replacement. You have to crank the piss out of the bolts that tighten the head piece or it slides. For get me wrong intercomp did take care of the issue but to have to get 3 units was disappointing. I was going to buy the data pro at the IMIS show that year but bubba was only going to give me a sales tax discount to take the demo for a stack of hundreds and even then he wasn't sure if it was sold or not so he never bothered to call me back. I should have been persistent I guess but where I'm from franklins talk . I learned my lesson on the intercomp coil loader and bought a roehrig 5vs for a dyno.

Ok, I finally finished the article! Let me know what you think...

http://nextlevellatemodel.com/force-...-coil-testers/

Good article, there is a typo in your second paragraph of the Accuforce section. Face should be fact.

Out of curiosity, when measuring the unloading of the spring, what is the shaft velocity when the machine is measuring?

Sprint76, It's a miracle there is only one! Thanks though, I'll fix it.

On the unloading, the shaft speed is very slow and you have to take the reading right when you stop. Keith from Accuforce, who has been very helpful, says that any time a spring has a split out of the low 20's, you shouldn't run that spring anymore. In other words, if its reading 350 during compression and 325 during rebound, toss it!

post 7 and 8 makes you go hmmm