For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
October 28th, 2014

Bub McCool Records Podium Finish in Fall Classic; World Finals Next

Vicksburg, MS (10/28/14) – Bub McCool competed at Whynot Motorsports Park (Meridian, Mississippi) over the weekend in his #57J McCool Logging/ Victory Circle/Jay D ickens Racing Engine Super Late Model as he took part in the 20th Annual Coors Light Fall Classic at the 1/3 mile oval, where he came away with a podium finish.

Forty-eight Super Late Models entered the event, and a heat race victory on Friday night would position Bub starting third in the $15,000-to-win finale on Saturday. When the 100 lapper went green, McCool raced around the top five for much of the event before ultimately registering a third place finish behind race winner, Randy Weaver and Chris Simpson. Mike Marlar and Billy Moyer rounded out the top five finishers.

"I thought there for a while that we might have something for the leaders, but then I drove it into the wall late in the race, which killed any chances I had of winning," said McCool. "Either way this is my best finish ever in this big event, so I'm definitely happy about that."

Full results from the event are available at www.WhynotMotorsportsPark.com .

McCool's next scheduled race is a trip to the 8th Annual World Finals at the Dirt Track at Charlotte (Charlotte, North Carolina) on November 6th-8th. He is scheduled to pilot the Chad Stapleton Racing #32 Barry Wright Super Late Model in the World of Outlaws (WoO) event. Thursday night will find two rounds of qualifying held, while Friday and Saturday night will see a pair of $12,000-to-win events contested. For more information on the event, please visit www.WoOLMS.com .

Bub McCool and everyone at McCool Motorsports would like to thank all of their sponsors, which include McCool Logging, Jay D ickens Racing Engines, Triple B Trucking, Hoosier Race Tires, Eibach Springs, Victory Circle Chassis, Good Hope Lumber, Schaeffer's Specialized Lubricants, GottaRace.com, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Bub McCool, please visit the official team website at www.BubMcCool.com .