Default Need alittle more out of my 2.3

I'm Looking for info on building a new 2.3 race motor for next season. Got to keep bottom end stock appearing. Heads can be milled as far as a person wants. No lift rule or vacuum rule on cam. Can not be solid lifter or rollers. Stock intake and carb no porting or polishing. Kind want been thinking of pulling a crank. would like more info on it. Thanks for any help

Kind want been thinking of pulling a crank. What the hell does that mean?

Sorry about that I meant to say. I have been thinking about having a crank offset ground somewhere around .60".

U need to find these drag race guys running 2.3 eco tech motors cranking out 1200-1400 hp. They are supercharged and turbo but I'm sure they can point u the right direction

Is that something that your rules will permit? What do you mean by stock appearing bottom end?

Is this a 2.3 ford or the ecotec 2.3

It is a 2.3l ford. I'm looking to build something that can not be easlier found by the naked eye. That's why I'm thinking about running a pulled crank in it. This is engine is for a dirt track.

2 problems with offset grinding the crank that distance. 1. Getting the right rod/piston combo to achieve the deck height you need. Aftermarket stroker cranks have rod/piston combinations that are readily available. 2. A stock Ford 2.3 crank isn't the strongest thing out there and grinding down the journals isn't helping. If you're going to offset grind only go .015 so that you can use -.02 bearings and keep the corner fillets as big as possible.

Ok next question is say i offset grind the crank .015 is there any gain in that. My rods and crank got to have a ford stamp on them. maybe i miss typed it should be .060 offset ground.

What is a "Pulled Crank"?

If I'm reading this correctly you want help "Cheating". Why not play by the rules and maybe work on your setup to gain a little. Guys that cheat just piss me off.

It says nothing in my rules about machining my crank. it just says it must have a ford stamp. I finished up a very good year of racing. out of 10 races in finished 2nd every race but 2 nights. I ended up third in points only by 6 points and second place was 2 points. everybody that races has to read between the lines.

Bring your deck height to a negative .010. Use the Felpro 1035 gasket. That should get you .035 piston to head and will improve the quench.

thanks for the info old rob. I