Default Racing Around The Oval-Late Model Driver Justin Wells

There are lots of things that go on in oval track racing both on and off the track. Also the drivers, crew members, family, and fans make up a diverse bunch of personalities that is racing.

Racing Around The Oval is going to try and bring those characters to the forefront so you can meet them and enjoy getting to know them.

Today we meet one of the top late model drivers from the hot bed of late model racing, Justin Wells from Southwest Missouri.

We found Justin at the Prelude to the Turkey Bowl VIII races at Springfield MO. Justin was gracious enough to say ok for this look inside racing.

Everything in the video was looking like a good little story when in the a-main which Justin was leading he took an abrupt turn to the right and went over the berm of the track and had to go to the back of pack.

After seeing the in car video I think I see what happen, this being an afternoon race the Sun was setting and was very low as the drivers went through turns 3 & 4. A car had spun out at the entrance
    to turn 4 which was in Justin's line so he hit the brakes got sideways and then gunned it and went straight ahead over the berm.

The officials could not have seen Justins angle or the Sun so I guess they rule he stopped motion and brought out the yellow flag.

I did not get a chance to talk to Justin but you can see he was very disappointed as he pulled into his pit area. Their again another aspect of racing that has to be dealt with when you lose. I'm sure Justin has rationalized what happen and chalked it up to a racing deal.

Thanks to Justin Wells and his crew, and family for their time and effort in the making of this video. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-2jSLFJPWc

cool video, thanks for sharing.