Thread: basic car setup

Default basic car setup

Hi yall! I just bought an older grt chassis and was looking for info on just the basic setup and best parts to go with. this is my first endeavour in a tube frame type car. I raced pure stock and factory stock a few years back so I'm a little out of the loop in a way on top of never really messing with this type of car. So any kind of help and advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks bud

What year chasis is your car?

Ralphy, I think you should go with your chassis manufacturer's recommended setup sheet, but I'd give them a call too. They surely have changed their recommendations since 2010. Welcome to it!
    Owner/Blogger/Crash Test Dummy
    www.nextlevellatemodel.com

Depending on the year of your GRT there are things that are often easy and inexpensive to help it perform better above the standard set up sheets. PM me the year of your chassis and I would be glad to try to help.

I'll have to try and look up the chassis number somehow and find out the year

I'm in the same boat. I've got a 98 Grt and there isn't enough holes in the rear to go by the pre2010 sheet on their website.

Do you have 4 holes on the top bracket and 3 holes on the bottom?

After calling them they confirmed it's a grt and that it's a 98 model

we had an old GRT that was using the 4 top holes & 2 bottom holes. It was a 1998 also. We cut them off and bought the newer brackets so it now has the 8 or 9 holes on top with 5 on the bottom. Wasn't that hard of a job abd sure helped set up wise. Also made changes in the front end that really helped.