Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Swartz Extreme Chassis

Not many around here in the south and was wondering what the guys think of them that have them? I've currently been tried and trued to MasterSbilt since 2004. Wanting to try something different for the upcoming season and Audie's got some nice looking chassis! So please chime in on your opinions.

I just bought my third one, when I have struggled and I had the car out of tune before, Audie has always been willing to discuss the car in depth and find the issues/fix them. Audie builds a good car, cares about safety and quality as well as treats people right. I could not be happier with my new one or more excited to get it out. Audie is one of the nicest guys in racing, that half the time talks me out of buying things from him, not out for your dollar like many in this game.

He is also not like many builders, that mandate you must buy your shocks here and this here, or little to no help. I have had two prior I did not buy from him (bought used) and he was helpful on both of them like I had just bought them from him and ink was still wet on the check.
    Last edited by zeroracing; 11-05-2014 at 09:38 PM.

What characteristics does the car have? I know that you can't compare it to anything because its a rear strutted car. I've drove for many people and they all had different cars which where good stuff but the one that sticks out the most that I would not want to drive again would be a Rayburn. Don't get me wrong it was a great car at certain tracks but not what we have locally, it takes a certain driving style to drive one and its just not for me, all forward traction with no scotch or side bite! Just don't wanna move to something different and be in that situation because nobody around has one to compare it to or possibly drive one to see if its what I want, there's nothing wrong with mine, just wanting a change! Thanks for the great info already!

danny peoples is running one in Alabama at Talladega short track and from what I understand is doing pretty good right out of the box, they have the results on their web page.

Quote Originally Posted by TLM4t4 View Post
    What characteristics does the car have? I know that you can't compare it to anything because its a rear strutted car. I've drove for many people and they all had different cars which where good stuff but the one that sticks out the most that I would not want to drive again would be a Rayburn. Don't get me wrong it was a great car at certain tracks but not what we have locally, it takes a certain driving style to drive one and its just not for me, all forward traction with no scotch or side bite! Just don't wanna move to something different and be in that situation because nobody around has one to compare it to or possibly drive one to see if its what I want, there's nothing wrong with mine, just wanting a change! Thanks for the great info already!
    I think the rear strut factor is really a non-factor. Lazer builds rear-strut cars as well.

Rayburn is right that cars are just steel. You can make that Rayburn behave just like all the rest. You may or may not need a sawzall and welder.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Where in the south are you? I'm in Savannah and am on my second Swartz. Audie is the best! Also, there is a dealer in Colombia SC called Cagle Racing Automotive. They are good people and can get you parts and everything you need for them.
    Owner/Blogger/Crash Test Dummy
    www.nextlevellatemodel.com

Audie does a setup seminar that is for Swartz owners only. Its very good.
    Owner/Blogger/Crash Test Dummy
    www.nextlevellatemodel.com

swartz cars have a ton of side bite. they dont like to be off the throttle most guys i know in them run rr heavy or very little .lr if you dump the throttle they will turn right, they are tight off the gas but as long as you stay on the throttle they will circle the corner awesome with great side bite. they are a different car that cant really be compared to any cars Ive been around and take alot different driving style than most cars. lately Ive seen a few cars that have similar attitudes an that was club 29, an a few longhorns. left rear hiked way up with the lf planted an over hard on the rf an rr. also in my opinion these are one of the best cars built. plus they are very well built, safe, an fast. as audie says we dont build race cars fast, we build fast race cars
    Last edited by 4bangerhotrod; 11-07-2014 at 02:23 AM.

I like Swartz too. Good stuff.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

I really appreciate all the responses, trying to weigh my options right now between the Swartz and a MastersBilt by Huey (MBH). I have a 08 Smack right now but kinda wanting to change it up. Does anybody know the tube lengths incase I just want to buy a chassis and rest of bolt ons from Audie? What's everyone's recommendations, MBH or Swartz, that's what I'm between! Really a fan of the double halo!

I have a new one for sale. If your interested I'll let it go on the cheap. Never assembled it complete roller

If your in mid Atlantic region the mbh is winning a lot of races and Billy and tader are great to deal with. I got a new one and it was the best investment I made in a long time.

Gray, your inbox full. What's the deal with the Swartz?

Brian Gray, what's your asking price? What model, pictures?

Complete roller For $4999.99
    Call if interested

513-519-7745
    Has (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) pit , brakes, pedals, Woodward rack, Franklin rearend, and templates for deck, also atl 28 gal cell.

I bet it's a brand new 2015 model in perfect condition for 5k lol

Here we go...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Here we go...
    Matt what could ever go wrong with this thread now? LOL

Selling for a customer. Who btw can't race anymore and just wants to see someone get a chance to race that may otherwise not be able to. Some of us don't worship the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ing dollar jack wagon.

What a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ing douche bag !

LMAO, that's a good one! Brian if you could tell me the model of it I'm gonna try and give you a shout tomorrow afternoon if I'm not to busy at work.