Default cantilever pull bar setup

what are they talking about or how does it work, curious

the pullbar is hooked to a z-link type setup in the middle of the car with a rod running forward off the top of the z-link to the right front frame. the rf frame is allowed to flex so the harder you hook up with the pullbar the more wedge is "flexed" into the chassis. that's how sanders car could just turn down off the corner later in the season. most sanctions have already outlawed it for 2015

Haha really? I gotta see this.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRacer9x View Post
    Haha really? I gotta see this.
    me too. lol

I've been told that Sanders setup, which I'm not sure what he is running, will not be allowed next year. Was told this by a very straight-up friend that always seems to be in the know. Sanders, soon to be father-in-law, is irate.(I guess he is car owner)

What is this Sanders set up??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DirtRacer9x; 11-09-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Very curious myself.
    Find me on Facebook: Impetus Dirt Racing Technologies

I didn't look at his car at the USMTS race this week but the rumor was he had the cantilever set up on it and USMTS was not going to allow cantilever or lift arm next year. Just the rumor I heard when we race it this past week. He was fast no doubt, so was Kelly, Cade and many others. Tough racing against those guys.

I have also heard usmts is doing away with lift arm, cantilever etc... Going to a single spring /single break biscuit pullbar set up only not even going to allow bushing style pull bars.

I highly doubt bushing bars will go away. Speedway, Wehrs, and few other new ones just came out and I'm sure they wouldn't invest that much for a couple seasons. Post pics or describe the Sanders setup though.

Here is my rumor input. Normal pullbar or lift bar, no Z link or whatever. However, a change in spoiler height. Spec head motors 5 inch, steel head 4 inch.

Why not run it from center rearend to angle on right side of motor plate down by the x bracing

I've seen a bar about 5ft long down to rf of car. Was an older metric clip car. It won a bunch but the driver wasn't the greatest or maybe it was his set up why he was all over the place. I think most mod builders run shorter bars now for a more consistent set up and less change on weight transfer dynamically. That's my theory.