Default Scat Ultralight: 700 hp?

Will a Scat Ultralight 3.75" stroke Chevy crankshaft handle between 650-700 hp? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dfhotlm33c View Post
    Will a Scat Ultralight 3.75" stroke Chevy crankshaft handle between 650-700 hp? Thanks
    I have a Scat ultralight 3.875 in a 740 hp motor good since new and 2 refresh.

I have broken 2, although mine were 3.875 stroke
    snout on both broke behind balancer, bolt still attached to piece of crank snout left in balancer.
    the bolt is too short that holds on the balancer in my opinion (it is stock GM length)
    My Callies, and Lunati both are 4-5" long bolts, and have never had a problem with any of them.
    May be ok if you go with the big block snout option, but I will never buy another one.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Last year I had one crack in the #2 main. It was 3.875 stroke as well. Got 3 nights out of it in a mod. To be fair, it was used when I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by mudeater18 View Post
    Last year I had one crack in the #2 main. It was 3.875 stroke as well. Got 3 nights out of it in a mod. To be fair, it was used when I bought it.
    I would guess it was cracked when you bought it thats why it was sold. Some folks have no regard for selling known junk

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    I would guess it was cracked when you bought it thats why it was sold. Some folks have no regard for selling known junk
    You are correct in saying that some people have no regard in what they sell to the fellow racer.IE,these racers auctions,if it's not represented by someone you can trust,(IT'S LET THE BUYER BEWARE!)
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

I can't answer this right now but we are in the midst of testing an ultralight from Ohio crank. 3.75 stroke with some heavy components . Should be ready to go on the Dino in about 2 weeks. Where it will undergo a simulated hard core test .

If you wanna pm in a few weeks it might be worth the wait.

We had a scat ultralight in a motor that had significantly less power than the OP mentioned and had timing chain issues when running a light weight balancer. Called scat and they said these are more sensitive and need the best, got an ATI and no more issues.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    For the most part I agree with you, but in this case it was bought as a fresh short block from a reputable engine builder. I'm sure it was checked before being used.

Leave your name if your gonna red rep me douche. BTW you don't build a 434 with a 3.75 strk. And you use heavy rods and pistons to add fatigue into the test. If it will live with bad harmonics it should do well with lighter parts and everything in tune harmonically.

And for the record there are a lot of these Ohio lightweight cranks in many good cars that race weekly at the big e. For the record the failure rate has been lower than you might think.

Don't get your butt hurt there now. I was clearly speaking to the person that left me the red rep. And answering their comments.

Maybe I should have made that clear first.

I wouldn't be afraid of it at 700hp and down. Most cranks break because the tuner or the prepper is out to lunch.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?