Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Imo, do away with they aftermarket stubs, although it won't keep us builders from manipulating the factory ones,
    Last edited by NAYRBNYLF; 12-15-2014 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Grammar

My thoughts through this whole thread has been , ' why is any sanctioning body even worrying about this ' . Next thing you'll need is an IMCA approved clip that will cost more $ and have to have a IMCA sticker on it . Really glad I don't have to deal with all the idiocy . We've raced a bent clip , that I know wouldn't have passed any measurement . didn't fix it because the car was fast , raced it for 2 seasons that way , in IMCA land we'd have had to replace it and cost more $ . I really feel for you guys out there . As for getting rid of the aftermarket frames , ....... when is the last time you saw a 68 - 72 Chevelle sitting in a junkyard ?

That's my point.

Maybe a dumb question, but once powder coated, how do you tell the difference from factory stamping and aftermarket? Is there a factory number somewhere? Or is it just the crappy welds on factory stubs that give it away

Quote Originally Posted by charcoal01 View Post
    Maybe a dumb question, but once powder coated, how do you tell the difference from factory stamping and aftermarket? Is there a factory number somewhere? Or is it just the crappy welds on factory stubs that give it away
    Crappy welds and apparently width of frame rails now

There are several subtle differences. Dimples and holes used by GM and not used on the kits.

If someone thinks the welds are "crappy", consider that the cage is built the same.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

I would hope so
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

Yes, oem welds look much different and sloppier than new fabbed clips. Although I think most good builders would weld over the oem welds.

How far back with the GRT cars does this frame issue go? Is it something thats been done in the past couple of years or what?

I think its SCD thats the one who fancies stirring the pot and telling others they are wrong when its he who isnt even in the ball park. Not saying all info he posts is junk, I am saying most of it is tho. That car constantly seeks me out to start stuff. One would think he would have better things to do with his time.
    Find me on Facebook: Impetus Dirt Racing Technologies