Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I mean the problem is they have the rule books or access to them its IN the rules! Your buying a car to "fit" those rules. So its like your asking for trouble. I hope they get it straight it would be in their best interest for future sales.

You're 100% correct I apologize. No where does it say LEGAL. It only says STANDARD IMCA STYLE CAR.

Default Grt

I dont understand why everyone is bashing GRT i dont have one but every chassis mfg has gray areas on there cars and like GRT said when has IMCA ever checked these measurements? they started at Boone this year and there were several cars fixed that week we were parked next to one built out of Texas no names.When did any racer buy a new car and put the tape measure to it? I would think no many of us....Its our job to make sure our car is legal.

Bashing a company that is crap to begin with. Like I said thy care about the money more than the people buying from them. This is from experience too btw. I'm glad I got rid of mine before this hit.

Default Grt

Haven't looked but aint there cars in line price wise with everyone else's?

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTINE View Post
    Haven't looked but aint there cars in line price wise with everyone else's?
    I'm referring to the guy on the phone (I forgot his name) who said, "we want things to wear out or bend easily so we can make money". This is the greed I'm talking about.

I agree that all chassis builders look for a gray area where they can gain an advantage on other chassis builders. The problem lies with "any" chassis builder saying " when has IMCA ever checked these measurements". It doesn't matter if they have never checked those measurements before. They all know what the measurements are supposed to be when they build the chassis and the measurements should be built to those specs. That would be like me saying,"the tech inspector never measures for midplate to rearend measurement" and then getting disqualified when it is to short. Rules are rules. JMO.

It amazes me how ridiculous you guys sound. I own a GRT and have been on the phone many a times with zach and joe, and they have been more than willing to help fix the issue. Worry about your own (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) rather than sit on the interand bash a company that beats you week in and week out. Go work on your own stuff. Top 2 in the duel with this problem fixed, more domination coming in 2015.

I was just wondering if anyone had a pic of a repaired one. I'd like to see what one looks like after it's fixed.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Hey Stock Car Driver........Go to: Austin Johnson, Facebook page and listen to the video. I'm tired of you telling everyone that we don't know what were talking about. And just so everyone knows. The fix there doing is such a joke that one of there "Authorized" dealers will no longer do them because he don't want his name on it. He told me its not going to pass tech and he won't repair any more until something else is done. One car that has already been repaired to what GRT says there going to do I have measured, and it will not pass the measurements. I don't know what to tell any of you at this point. Other then good luck.

Jeff aka Stocky your frame is illegal get outta here.

guess that makes mine illegal too. guess what I plan on racing it this year. grt said they will take care of it and im sure they will. charlie

Stock Car: Schmuck ?????? Son I have been around racing for a long time, Probably longer then you even are old. I have seen a lot of blowhards like you come and go, a lot more then I care to. I have probably forgot more then you even know (sounds like something you would say don't it). I can tell you there are a lot of guys I know that are NOT very happy with ANY of the chassis builders that have done this with the frames. Weather your going to admit it or not, YOU know that I know whats been done to these frames. And just so you know, Because you have made a statement that's is an ABSOLUTE LIE is that Jerry Hoffman copied that car that was purchased. He never copied nothing, the only thing that was done is that car was put on a legal jig and checked......Hell it was so far out it would not even fit a legal jig. So now you know that FACT, NOT THE LIE YOU AND GRT HAS STATED. I will make you a bet....I bet Joe Garrison has told Terry to keep his mouth shut from now on......You want to bet on that, Or are you still thinking that GRT is telling you the truth. So call your names make your false accusations and say what you want, I know I'm right and you know I am to, but wont admit it, and that's fine with me. Good Luck with your racing program next year.......

been alotta grt's show up last few weeks for sale an most cheap,..and this ant even OWM country round here....
    white trash motorsports

This is what karma is all about. I can't stand that company.

Have we established who can piss the farthest yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TS3g View Post
    Have we established who can piss the farthest yet?
    I think they might just be more dumbest enough to try it into the wind. TS3 we will LET you be the judge.

I'm pretty sure Hoffman copied Dirt Works. It's even been written about when DW joined Hoffman that Hoffman was a glorified DW8. Now to the GRT deal, that's for you guys to go back and forth about.

All of the responses seem to revolve around IMCA. What about USMTS;USRA; AMRA, WISSOTA or any other sanctioning body? Are the frames legal with them or do they just not look for such as that?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    been alotta grt's show up last few weeks for sale an most cheap,..and this ant even OWM country round here....
    Where are the cheap GRT's? I'll take one. They dont even check for license's up here in the Northeast so theres no way in heck anyone is climbing under any cars to measure frames. Matter of fact, they dont tech anything up in the northeast ever. The only things i've ever had teched was the date on my helmet and date on my belts.