Default buying new chassis, need some advice

we're going to go with a new chassis for next year, not a roller, going to use what's good off our car and put on the new....question is should I replace the coil springs...we are currently running afco's and they have a few years on them...anybody had issues with the rate after a few years of use...thanks for any input.
    powerslave

what kind of chassis are you getting

shaw or impressive
    powerslave

measure the height of the spring. if it is a 12" spring and measures out to 12" then it is fine. if they are breaking down they will shorten up

I would suggest getting rid of the Afco springs regardless and get BSB (Vogtland) or Hypercoil. I suggest to my customers to replace springs every season, they fatigue and will cause handling issues that can sneak up on you, its a relatively cheap consumable part on the car. If you are spending the money on a new chassis why would you want to put used springs on? To me they are no different than valve springs you wouldnt think about building a new engine and putting your old springs in.

Default springs

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateRaceCars View Post
    I would suggest getting rid of the Afco springs regardless and get BSB (Vogtland) or Hypercoil. I suggest to my customers to replace springs every season, they fatigue and will cause handling issues that can sneak up on you, its a relatively cheap consumable part on the car. If you are spending the money on a new chassis why would you want to put used springs on? To me they are no different than valve springs you wouldnt think about building a new engine and putting your old springs in.
    Great post.
    I 100% agree
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

I was told Hypercoils are guaranteed to stay within 2% of the manufactured weight. True or not?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtplay18 View Post
    I was told Hypercoils are guaranteed to stay within 2% of the manufactured weight. True or not?
    Eibach too

Afco are also guaranteed. I am sure there is someone close by with a spring tester. I measure them then have them tested. You will know quickly if they are still good.

I would not use a spring past one racing season.
    most times I will change mid year if I am racing alot
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

How many races do you guys find that you would put on a set of springs then? There is a lot of variables IMO on how often you should replace springs. Personally, my car never sits on the springs. After race days, we unload it the next day, wash it and it sits on jack stands getting maintenance/ repairs until its time to scale it and set ride heights. it then goes back on stands until its time to load for the race.