Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Stock Car

Deleted post
    Last edited by twizted; 12-08-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Twizted would you mind sharing with the public what you were able to find? While everyone has there different opinions and ideas his results showed on the track.
    Josh K.

If you remeber 5-6 years ago on here Stock Car was preaching a balanced setup that few people ran and most bashed him over. I got a baseline of that setup and made it work on my car.
    Last edited by twizted; 12-08-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    my bad, the way I read your first post it said you were THINKING it added forward bite, as in meaning you were not sure.

Angle in lowers on a opposed 4 link gm car does not add forward bite or drive. all the angle does is add rear steer, so if you stack a ton of lead in the rear with a real high percentage and angle the lr a bunch it will add rear steer and let you turn still.
    explain please.

I'm not close enough friends with Jeff to post this but i guess he can throw me under the bus. It is in good humor man.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I made than one. It was one of my favs!!

Ok let me say I posted this as a joke not to make fun of Stock Car. I also will say I have a lot of respect for his ideas. I also want to know why people are commenting on my profile or private message with stuff like "JJ is a not nice word"? People gonna burn my house down cause I said a nice word about tha man?

It seems that this thread has got away from the original question. I was told by a well respected chassis builder at his school that lowering the mounts on the chassis will improve the rear roll center in these cars. Thoughts?

Don't mean to sound rude…but does anyone have a straight forward answer as to if one should move the mounts up or down?

I have seen all kinds of combinations work , there is no perfect position . Simplest thing to do is , leave mounts in stock position , and change ride height to get the drive you want . Start at 10" in back and 9" in front . Pulling the LF on exit , lower the ride heights . Not enough drive raise the back more . This isn't perfect , but it is simple and easy to change . I help street stocks all over the country , what works in Iowa may not work in New York , or what works for one driver won't work for another at the same track , with the same car . I've got metrics with 200 LR 175 RR , and another with 200 LR 275 RR , some running 51% rear , some with 56% . my point is , there is no perfect set up for everybody.

I've run low rear % setups in the past and i currently run higher rear %. The low rear % and the more lever rear lower arms was ok but no better than what i run now. I have a hard time finding spots to put any more lead to even get my rear % low enough to work with level control arms.. I have all my lead in front of the rear end now and still have 56 rear.

I played around with this and had good luck with it. What I did was this: I simulated the ride height of the car as it went through the corner, did this by taking springs out and lowering car to where the travel indicator on the shocks touched. I then leveled both rear arms on the chassis side and drilled mounting holes. Car worked great and is still a winning car today. As long as your ride height isn't anything too exotic, the left upper will probably be close keeping in the stock hole. Just remember if u make a ride height change, its going to change your arm position a little.