Thread: wheel spacer

Default wheel spacer

what would a 1 inch spacer to left rear wheel do.

More drive on throttle

If you readjust lost wedge, it gives the car more tendency to rotate right under throttle. So tighter on gas.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

so if i would move lr closer in it would put tire patch closer to spring and shock which would help on slick conditions

Quote Originally Posted by kslle View Post
    so if i would move lr closer in it would put tire patch closer to spring and shock which would help on slick conditions
    That is the complete opposite of what both responders said...and I agree with both responders.

Most of the time to help on slick conditions is change driving style. We rarely change much for dry slick track. I change my corner entry and throttle control. We take stagger out and thats about it. (Running crate) we have adjusted on it a lot in the past and we end up in left field

I am confused myself now although these days it don"t take much. A 2 in spacer on or of our car takes out 15 pounds of bite which should free up car on exit on throttle or so I always thought we do not readjust for bite removed after putting on spacer. I think the better way i to adjust driving style we have all seen the people who spend hours with car on scales go to race track hot lap come in and change every thing on car then have no clue as to what they did or which direction the car is gonna go when you go off in turn one with you on the outside on lap 1.
    Last edited by RW57; 11-26-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Ever see guys set fast time and then change everything but their underwear for the heat race?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    Ever see guys set fast time and then change everything but their underwear for the heat race?
    I used to be that guy. We have set fast time come in change carb, plugs, RF shock, adjust LR, and adjust every bar in the rear. Then everybody comes over and says you just set fast time why are you changing everything. Lol as long as you are making it faster its good right.

The goal is to be the fastest at about 11:45. It don't pay much to be the fastest at 7:30.

That's like I tell my son now when I drove the only lap that pays any money is the last one it don't matter what you look. Like getting there just be in front on that one.

your either first or your last! "Ricky Bobby"

I'm the opposite. I'm the guy that you can't find anywhere near my car because I did my work in the shop and already have a plan and I don't need to do anything I haven't already set up for.

I'm the opposite. I'm the guy that you can't find anywhere near my car because I did my work in the shop and already have a plan and I don't need to do anything I haven't already set up for.
    But sometimes you expect smooth, slick and get a plowed field.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Exactly, you don't always get the same track each week. It's not asphalt. You think all these touring guys don't do the work in the shop? We have all those holes and adjustments for a reason. But by no means do you need them all.

I didn't mean to imply absolutism. I simply was referring to generalities. Of course there are nights when the car/track/driver is way off. To me, all the holes some guys are putting in cars theses day and marketing "Fully Adjustable" tells me they have no idea where the things should be but instead leaving it up the owner to figure out. The Mods are really bad about it.

As an example just for conversation, If the track went rough and I expected slick, I would likely change the RF shock, move the PH up a hole on the pinion and maybe tires pressures if there were big holes. That's less than two minutes on my car.
    The guys that pit next to me would change both upper bars, two springs, the PH bar, three shocks, two tires, the spoiler angle, the lift arm, and still finishes in the back!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    I am confused myself now although these days it don"t take much. A 2 in spacer on or of our car takes out 15 pounds of bite which should free up car on exit on throttle or so I always thought we do not readjust for bite removed after putting on spacer. I think the better way i to adjust driving style we have all seen the people who spend hours with car on scales go to race track hot lap come in and change every thing on car then have no clue as to what they did or which direction the car is gonna go when you go off in turn one with you on the outside on lap 1.
    You are correct, it does slightly decrease wedge and LS%, but it greatly enhances the LR polar moment. It essentially gives the left rear a longer lever to push with vs the RR much shorter lever, thus it tightens the car "ON" the throttle and can free up entry conversely too. The simple things still work.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.