Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new chassis

Default new chassis

looking to buy another new chassis. Needing a lot of opinions for best chassis. I have two brands Im looking at. I already have a new smackdown. So we are looking for our second car to be a blue front rocket or a pierce. The only thing is there is no pierce chassis in my area what do you all think. Pros and Cons also if you don't care thanks.

I have always run rockets so I guess you know what I think. I believe Peirce has some nice stuff but like you say they are nowhere close to me either.

Pierce is doing some good things that Rocket seems to of missed. JMHO

I really like my pierce car. Bob will tell you exactly what he's doing on Bobby's car and Mark will lie to your face. The car responds very well to adjustments and steers very well. How bobby runs his may or may not work for you but bobs adjustments will once you establish a baseline for you. If the other national touring guys bolted Bobby's shocks on their chassis they would be watching the a main from the pits instead of winning like he does. Very good car with very good support
    If you have any questions about my Experiance dealing with bob you can email me at hucktyson@aol.com.

BRWC's been winning lot,.long horns too...think rocket needs to play catch up lil bit! both in the carolinas.... id want one from near by as possible but gotta be competitive too...
    white trash motorsports

Capital City is doing well, BWRC, Longhorn, Club 29. I love Rocket it's mostly what I deal with but they are off their game. They have always given me great tech support, BUT I think they are playing copy cat to much and the cars are being built according to what Josh likes and he doesn't have a style most anyone has to be honest. In my opinion and this is only around VA and NC the MBH is the hot ticket. We also have some Swartz running really well up in Northern VA. They look to be well made and have good support. Pierce has great support if you go with them they aren't as big of an operation, most any time I've called them I get Mrs. Pierce on the phone. Don't be fooled when a woman answers shes's extremely knowledgeable and field most any question I have, she doesn't seem to know as much on the numbers and intricate things for the Late Model but ask her anything about the modified and she will know it. Shes only had to get Bob to return a phone call once and shes so pleasant, which can go a long way to make you not feel like a number like some companies make you feel unless you spend a fortune with them
    Last edited by 7uptruckracer; 12-05-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Anyone have any experience with Killer Chassis?

im always surprized when i see all the chassis mentioned but warrior,if you look at the results there right up there with all the other top pieces but for some reason they fly under the radar,all chassis for the most part will win,its knowing how and when to adjust your racecar that wins races,but all the above are good pieces and yes feed back would be a big factor too,
    Last edited by grt74; 12-05-2014 at 02:46 PM.

GRT racecars are real good, we have a G13 and we are real happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by GRTLRBITE View Post
    GRT racecars are real good, we have a G13 and we are real happy with it
    yes sir they are,should have mentioned them also,guys are making money putting there own twist on cars(people think there getting something different than the factory stuff),the top guys that know how a car works will always be up front,I've always said that but i will say in todays national level of late model racing it seems like you need a couple of guys that will share info back and forth to keep ahead of the competion or a top notch setup/shock(there now called engineers) people on the team,on the national level the 2nd or 3rd place guy might be off a tenth(and i would say its less than that,except for the world this year,he was in his own zip code)the top guys do what it takes to get up front,test,break out the hot wrench and redesign,test and so on,most of the time its a 1/4 to 1/2" here or there thats the difference and you won't see it with your eye unless you break out the tape measure or its a huge development
    Last edited by grt74; 12-05-2014 at 09:52 PM.

I see what all you are saying but I don't think the best chassis has to be the most expensive chassis. I did talk to a racer/dealer for the pierce cars that is closer than bob is. He talks about how helpful and how he keeps in touch until your issues is fixed. How he went an got the shocks they were running and told a guy to see if that helped him. I have heard some of the same things about rocket you said 7uptruckracer. thanks for the comments it helps keep them coming e still have some thinking to do. by the way there is a rocket dealer with a jig in our back door.

If I were to get back into late models, I would go straight back to Warrior. Last 2 cars we had were
    Warriors. Very well built cars, no wasted space, nicely laid out, great support and good to talk to.

SPark

Take a look at TRAK-STAR! WON THEIR FOURTH NeSMITH CHEVROLET WRS CHASSIS CHAMPIONSHIP. A very well built and SAFE car. Lots of cars for sale on their FB page. https://www.facebook.com/trakstarracecars

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Jones View Post
    Take a look at TRAK-STAR! WON THEIR FOURTH NeSMITH CHEVROLET WRS CHASSIS CHAMPIONSHIP. A very well built and SAFE car. Lots of cars for sale on their FB page. https://www.facebook.com/trakstarracecars
    TrakStar beat GRT for the chassis maker championship in NeSMITH again in 2014. Should be pretty telling when a guy who has built just over 200 chassis beats two companys that have made thousands, GRT was 2nd and Rocket was 3rd.

Wow whoopee

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    Wow whoopee
    As usual...nothing constructive to say

It was my understanding that when I was first looking into getting a dirt late model, that the main cars in my area (east TN) was Rocket, Mastersbilt, GRT and Warrior. I had a chance to drive a Mastersbilt Gen-X and a Rocket blue and I really liked how the Rocket felt on a slick track.

So far, almost every time when the track slicks off during the night... my car feels like it's getting better and better. Or maybe just doesn't fall off as much as the other guys are. I struggle to free it up early in the night (tacky) but I think that's more of a problem with the driver than the car. So far, I've been very happy with my Rocket blue front and every time I've had an issue, the Rocket guys have been helpful to me. Also being that alot of guys have Rockets, you can bounce ideas off of them if they are willing to tell you stuff.

If I had the opportunity to buy a new late model chassis it'd be a Lazer from Bernhiesiel. Well crafted race cars. (Currently running Mastersbilts)

When I see someone contesting crown jewel wins in a lazer I will acknowledge them as a force . Bob Pierce has a 17 yr old driver out there competing for crown jewel wins. Bob is a good
    Guy and doesn't try hiding anything. Any chassis builders answer to your question will
    Only be as good as the question and context presented to them. Just like anywhere in life stupid questions get stupid answers. I honestly think the pierce race car and the tech assistance from
    Bob provides me the best opportunity to
    Race a limited schedule and attempt to run crown jewel races. If
    I didn't think that I would get something else.

After seeing Freddy carpenters piece at PRI im gonna say call kryptonite ! I hope I can work out a deal if so that's where I'm going. And you talk about a genuine bunch those guys are as real as it gets!