Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: new chassis

I hear you DWB, but there is still a lot of priceless knowledge on here, you just need thick skin and over look the bull chitters.

I've only been racing dirt late models for one year, but I've picked up tons of little small ideas from those with much more vast knowledge than me on here. I'm a first generation driver with a family that really has no racing background so I've pretty much been blazing my own trails when it comes to DLM's. Lots of good stuff in the tech sections here to help newbies like me.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    theres a wealth or racing knowledge on this form but last year or so every thread turns into a "im god your stupid" discussion,..its so bad i quit coming on here for about 8 months,..just started coming back round here few weeks ago an it ant done nuttun but got worse,..got news for yall,..every body races at there own mental an budget level,..and there always more than the best/highest cost way to get it done, what works for poor joe racing ant the same as what works for endless budget racing,..whats best for a experienced racer ant same for newbies,...and some yall forget what its like to be inexperienced....and then theres alotta "its my way or stupid" on here too,..to many witts matching contest and then its not bout racing no more and name calling and non spelling/grammer gets throwed out there,...theres a lot of yall do that one not just matt,...idk if a person can read write type whatever if he knows something bout racing an willing to share im all ears and eyes...i cant spell chit and spellcheck dont always help ether....7 years ago i built my first sportsman car in my front yard with knowledge an wisdom i found here on this fourm,..in the middle of putting together my first late model,..sadly i dont come here much for info on that,....on a side note,..dang i miss bill h on here....been going down hill since he passed....yall keep on arguing tho',...springer might get into racing forums soon....
    hope I'm not part of that,but i agree

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    I've only been racing dirt late models for one year, but I've picked up tons of little small ideas from those with much more vast knowledge than me on here. I'm a first generation driver with a family that really has no racing background so I've pretty much been blazing my own trails when it comes to DLM's. Lots of good stuff in the tech sections here to help newbies like me.
    its great that you went racing I am the first in my family also, but I am getting old and my son is the star now and he's pretty good . I am sure his son will also race .my daughter raced only for a little wile ,one win ( grand kids are more important) . looking through all the info is great it helps a lot . I have found calling and talking to racer that are selling or getting out of racing a bigger help . I ask about how there car worked or didn't work and what they did or didn't do .we exchange knowledge that would take any racer seasons to figure out . racer that are selling the same car you race is a good resource that helps every body

lots of stupid (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) that just wasted 10 mins of my life i'll never get back....least learned one thing of newer chassis co.

guess i struck a nerve somewheres,..gotta bad rating on my last comment!! o well,..probably get added to someones ignore list if i try....
    white trash motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Nice story till you say u call racers and waste their time digging for info.
    you don't think they learn anything from me ? I have found most racer are good people and want other racers to succeed . I for one help racers as much as I can .
    you might think about that when a newbie spins out ,or gets lapped and stuff you in the wall .
    all that because you didn't help him get his car to hook up a little better . I found ill help allot just up to when they can race along side me then its up to the racer to learn the rest
    Merry Christmas

Default kiwi 1955

I'm a new member and have found the tech forum to be very helpful. On the Killer Chassis query I have a 2013 Killer and my advice is : caveat emptor

So what are you saying stock car driver, you don't share info or knowledge for the blue collar racer who has to buy used products, or calls questioning about what your selling? As you are putting those folks in your time wasting section of your phone they could strike up a major sponsor for next year and they wanna buy 2 of everything. It don't matter if I sell a guy a lug nut, I would treat him with the same value and respect as all the other guys that buy high end stuff! I'm not a parts salesman, but I treat everyone with respect and loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    I cant be more clear... When I advertised my stock car for sale last year a few new people made the ignore list on my phone. Calling on a car for sale is NOT how you get tech or set up help...
    i feel for you scd all I can say is WOW !!! I hope that when you get stuffed in the wall you don't get hurt ! because I think you need some time to work your issues out .I am going to take the high road here because clearly you have taken the low road. I am thinking you need a lesson in how DLR works;first ? what do you do when the NEW car you bought doesn't work and the chassis builder don't return calls or answer any ? unless you are at the track he's at ,now remember your 800 miles away on different tires and tracks he's never seen .what do you do???? .well there's what smart people do and that's ask anyone and everyone ,read everything and try it all.
    the people you are talking about like me all talk about our cars, your just not on the list because you don't have enough knowledge to help us get faster. I take it as a complement when asked about something .we of course race the top class with more adjustments on one corner of our car then in your hole car ,making it a little harder then what you do to set up a car.
    you give everybody crap on here and all you do is make yourself look like a AZZ . I almost sank to your level but i erased 2 paragraphs worth. i guess that's way you get beat !you don't listen
    I hope you and yours had a merry Christmas
    matt

I get what SCD is saying about the fishing for info. If you're up front about it and tell a guy that you're looking for info most are willing to help. To call someone when they're trying to earn a living and use a ruse to try to find info is disrespectful of another man's time. Just the way I see it. Back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by 50j View Post
    I get what SCD is saying about the fishing for info. If you're up front about it and tell a guy that you're looking for info most are willing to help. To call someone when they're trying to earn a living and use a ruse to try to find info is disrespectful of another man's time. Just the way I see it. Back on track.
    Agree^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by MM90 View Post
    Agree^^^^^
    yep I understand what SCD is saying too but I always tell the other person I am talking too what and why I am asking question for.
    like I said all a can say is WOW!

I understand SCD's point. If he makes his living selling racing parts and racing it's completely understandable him not wanting to waste his time with someone not interested in buying ...

when im looking for the new car is the taller cage a plus in the handling department. Ive talked to some drivers and seen other drivers change to the taller cage and what is the reason for changing.

Taller cage makes it easier to get in out and out of the car. Mainly for safety, not sure if there are any performance aspects to it.

After racing years in topless LM events I have to believe you are getting some more air on the spoiler with a taller cage.