Default 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass -- How to make it go?

Greetings,

I've recently purchased my first race car. I will be spending the winter getting it ready -- it needs a motor, as well as some other minor pieces. The car was racing this past season however, so it is all there for the most part.

The Street Stock division I will be racing in does have some big cars, like a few LTD Fords but they are not top finishers every week. I have seen bigger cars be fast though, so that is what this is about. Does anyone have any advice to make this car quick? Driving advice, tech advice, etc.

Here is the link to the rules at my track
    http://www.trail-wayspeedway.com/xsrules

I've got all winter to get this thing ready, so if you have some big recommendations definitely post them because I've got the time. Keep in mind this will also be my first time driving on dirt and my first full season racing anything so you are pretty much dealing with a completely new driver.

I've got an ION Cam (Pretty much a GoPro) so I will probably use this thread to post video of every race that I am in also.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Last edited by W2Racing09; 12-05-2014 at 09:15 AM.

That's your basic metric chassis. We've got the same clip on one of our old yard art Late Models. Pick any of your local guys brains that run a metric clip and they should be able to help you out.

Whoops, just noticed this guy's question was over 2 years old. Hope he got it figured out by now.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    That's your basic metric chassis. We've got the same clip on one of our old yard art Late Models. Pick any of your local guys brains that run a metric clip and they should be able to help you out.
    Thats not a metric, lol..

1976 is full size 112 wheel base

But yeah hopefully he figured it out already.

SCD, you're right, of course, about it not being a metric. I must have been thinking 10 years ahead but I always was ahead of my time. Plus that was 20+ years ago when I used the Cutlass clip and some things get a little foggy in my old age.