Thread: on the bars

Default on the bars

I was wondering if angle in lr lower control arm don't add bite or traction what causes these cars to hike up so much? Thanks

I was reading another post and someone said that the added angle in the LR lower trailing arm, does NOT add bite. In my experience, I can feel the car lift, the LR, as soon as I pick up the throttle. That tells me that the LR tire is being pushed into the track, adding weight to the contact patch. (more LR drive) Just sayin...

That was the idiot stock car driver. Hike is a combination of things. But why drive only the LR? There is more to the equation. I remember one year no one did this and once I did it everyone else did. Idiots didn't know what else to change either haha. Monkey see monkey do not even half of the equation it takes.

A lot of that "hike" in in springs and shocks and how the car is scaled. I had a car with 12 hole locations so it allowed a bunch of angles for my lowers and nothing ever made the car hike up more.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Oh yeah.... There is definitely more to it than just angle. Just like everything else, there is combination and a balance to good performance. The other thing on my car, was when you picked up the throttle and the car started lifting, it added rear steer. When I picked up the gas I could cut underneath other cars like it was on rails. But it took some time to get a good balance and be able to use it to it's full advantage.

lower trailing arms level seems to "hike" up also.... notice my RR isn't laying over buried in the ground like most 3 wheelers.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    lower trailing arms level seems to "hike" up also.... notice my RR isn't laying over buried in the ground like most 3 wheelers.

Jeff, I remember seeing a picture like that you posted that you said your RR spring fell out. Is that the same picture?
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

No all 4 springs are in there, just a tacky night from a lot of rain that day.