Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    i have no intentions of getting mud on my rod.

Truer words were never spoken..... LOL

Here is a quote from another forum i frequent. Kinda says it all.

I'm going on sixty years as a race fan, but after 2014, NASCAR is now dead to me. The 2014 rules were a lame attempt to inject interest in a dying franchise, but fake/finale/fiasco in Homestead was just nauseating.

Bottom line - I doubt I'll even watch this year on TV, but I know I'll never travel to a race or buy a ticket again.

Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    Here is a quote from another forum i frequent. Kinda says it all.
    Truer words were never spoken..... LOL
    Scott Bloomchrist... The Lord, and Ruler of DIRT!!

"Hope everybody appreciated that ass kicking"
    -Scott Bloomquist

Phil

Like i said in one of my earlier post yes this new chase format made for some ecxitement this yr but im with Blackie they need to let them race for the championship rather than have this stupid break down each week with the elimination of drivers... Nascar doesnt need no dang playoff series after 26 races they need staright up racing for the whole yr with the best man winning because under the old format jeff gordon would of won the championship this yr i do believe someone correct me if im wrong plz and thanks in advance..

Default nascar shrinking

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    Charlotte removing 41,000 seats, Atlanta removing 17,000 seats, Dover 17,000 and Daytona backstreach seats of 46,500 Looks like the napcar is in downsize mode..
    but then today i read over 1000 workers trying to get daytonas west end of the billion dollar expansion finished for rolex and speedweeks .

LOL all your NASCAR haters pack your stuff and bury your heads, Cause there ain't much in the line of changes for the up coming year...And I'm glad for that cause I enjoyed it!!!! If you didn't, who cares? Not NASCAR cause they didn't change it.....Still sour grapes, me thinks.....better luck next time...maybe your guy will get in too!!!

my guys either retired or no longer with us

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    my guys either retired or no longer with us

Gonna make it even harder for them to get in.....

Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    LOL all your NASCAR haters pack your stuff and bury your heads, Cause there ain't much in the line of changes for the up coming year...And I'm glad for that cause I enjoyed it!!!! If you didn't, who cares? Not NASCAR cause they didn't change it.....Still sour grapes, me thinks.....better luck next time...maybe your guy will get in too!!!
    Hey mud bud! Ya ever wonder why there's such a decline in fan attendance in your joke of a so called has been racing venue... nascar? Well ole prissy pants, it is because... it is hated! Yeah numb nuts... close your uneducated pie hole long enough to open your eyes and look around you. Nascar lost it's mojo long ago, and is now losing it's ability to write a story line to keep the simple of mind intrested!! Lol, they still have you tho... which is clearly understandable.........
    Scott Bloomchrist... The Lord, and Ruler of DIRT!!

"Hope everybody appreciated that ass kicking"
    -Scott Bloomquist

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    Hey mud bud! Ya ever wonder why there's such a decline in fan attendance in your joke of a so called has been racing venue... nascar? Well ole prissy pants, it is because... it is hated! Yeah numb nuts... close your uneducated pie hole long enough to open your eyes and look around you. Nascar lost it's mojo long ago, and is now losing it's ability to write a story line to keep the simple of mind intrested!! Lol, they still have you tho... which is clearly understandable.........

Bloomer is hated too, so what? Stay tuned, I'll keep you informed about how great NASCAR is as the new year commences !!!! Lucky you!!!

I think the fad is just over. I remember when WWF wresting was huge. And roller derby... Everything has it's time. Political correctness, lack of passing, sponsor plug interviews... Lots killed it. I'm glad it's dying... Seems like dirt racing is picking up. When they put the cars noses on the ground and made them so aero dependent, seems like the racing got worse. But I think a lot of it is just boring 5 hour races. I'd much rather watch a 30 minute 50 lap side by side dirt race than a 500 mile race where more passes happen from pit stops than on track.

I don't watch much Nascar. I was a die hard fan as a kid I always made time for me to watch it. I'd sit down with dad and my grandpa and not move til it was over. Now I just turn it on to take a nap. I do watch the short tracks Richmond, Martinsville, and of course Bristol. Jr even mentioned last year after one of these races he didn't understand why there hasn't been another short track built. Instead they want to build these boring 1 1/2 mile cookie cutter tracks. There is only what? 4 or 5 true ovals they run? 2 of them are short tracks. I don't know about Richmond...Bristol and Martinsville are most generally slammed with fans. You think that would open someone's eyes.

Comes down to disposable income and money. It cost way to much to attend nascar events. Good tickets cost to much. Hotels jacking up prices on race weekend. Concession stand prices. Stick and ball sports are the heading the same way. Except for baseball, then again concession a pro baseball game are way to high as well.
    Lets remember the colossal size of tracks and seating. 90 thousand fans in a track that seats 140 thousand looks bare. 90 thousand fans still beats most stick and ball sports stadiums. They just got to big to began with.