Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nascar shrinking

Charlotte removing 41,000 seats, Atlanta removing 17,000 seats, Dover 17,000 and Daytona backstreach seats of 46,500 Looks like the napcar is in downsize mode..

Thank you obama

Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

Default Fix

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    Charlotte removing 41,000 seats, Atlanta removing 17,000 seats, Dover 17,000 and Daytona backstreach seats of 46,500 Looks like the napcar is in downsize mode..
    I bet this has nothing to with "The Chase"! Fans don't want a story book WWE ending, they want racing to decide the Champ!!! Lol
    Scott Bloomchrist... The Lord, and Ruler of DIRT!!

"Hope everybody appreciated that ass kicking"
    -Scott Bloomquist

Phil

The only way you'll ever get laid is if you crawl up a chicken's ass and wait

A little off subject but I rode by Rockingham Wednesday and it's growing weeds and broomstraw in the shrubbery and upkeep is going down hill fast after being padlocked. It's a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shame!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    A little off subject but I rode by Rockingham Wednesday and it's growing weeds and broomstraw in the shrubbery and upkeep is going down hill fast after being padlocked. It's a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shame!!!!!!!!
    Doesn't Andy Hillenburg own that place now? At least I'm thinking he does anyway... As for the downsizing of the other tracks Drano its a shame that they are removing that many seats from those tracks but then again it may be a good thing as well... I know that this new chase format made for some excitement this yr but I think Nascar just needs to go back to the basics and let them all race for the championship instead of this breaking it down into a group of 16 driver's and have the elimination rounds.. But thats just my opinion which doesn't mean much lol....

Hillenburg owned Rockingham, along with some other investors but a short time ago there was foreclosure proceedings initiated by the bank who holds the loan and there are back taxes due, as well.

Here's the article on a local TV station's website that is dated October 20th of this year:

ROCKINGHAM, N.C. – If you have a couple million dollars and want to own a piece of NASCAR history, wait a few months.

The Rockingham Speedway, formerly the North Carolina Speedway, is going to be sold for the second time in less than a decade because its current owners have run into financial trouble.

Back in 2012, Andy Hillenburg did what a lot of people thought was impossible and brought NASCAR racing back to a track that it left. The NASCAR truck series came back in 2013, but didn't get a race date this year. NASCAR also cancelled a minor league event there as well.

Now we know the track has hit hard times. Court documents now show Hillenburg and his co-owners owe more than $4 million in loans and taxes, and the bank threatened to foreclose. To avoid that, Hillenburg agreed last week to sell or auction off the track.

NBC Charlotte was unable to contact the owners on Monday, but court documents say there has to be a sale or auction in place by the first of the year, and a new owner in place by March 15, 2015.

Hillenburg paid a little more than $4 million to buy the track at auction in 2007.

The track itself opened in 1965 and for years, there were two NASCAR Sprint Cup races there every season. But in 2003, it lost one race to California, and in 2004, owner Bruton Smith moved the other races to Texas. After that, it sat mostly empty until Hillenburg bought it-- and it looks like that'll be the case until another new owner comes a

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    What in the blue hell are you even talking about, Trippy McSidewalk? - The JOKER!!

Trippy mcsidewalk??????

OMFG, that is a riot.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    I bet this has nothing to with "The Chase"! Fans don't want a story book WWE ending, they want racing to decide the Champ!!! Lol
    They did race, Harvick won...you probably should have watched it, it was pretty good...

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Hillenburg owned Rockingham, along with some other investors but a short time ago there was foreclosure proceedings initiated by the bank who holds the loan and there are back taxes due, as well.

Here's the article on a local TV station's website that is dated October 20th of this year:

ROCKINGHAM, N.C. – If you have a couple million dollars and want to own a piece of NASCAR history, wait a few months.

The Rockingham Speedway, formerly the North Carolina Speedway, is going to be sold for the second time in less than a decade because its current owners have run into financial trouble.

Back in 2012, Andy Hillenburg did what a lot of people thought was impossible and brought NASCAR racing back to a track that it left. The NASCAR truck series came back in 2013, but didn't get a race date this year. NASCAR also cancelled a minor league event there as well.

Now we know the track has hit hard times. Court documents now show Hillenburg and his co-owners owe more than $4 million in loans and taxes, and the bank threatened to foreclose. To avoid that, Hillenburg agreed last week to sell or auction off the track.

NBC Charlotte was unable to contact the owners on Monday, but court documents say there has to be a sale or auction in place by the first of the year, and a new owner in place by March 15, 2015.

Hillenburg paid a little more than $4 million to buy the track at auction in 2007.

The track itself opened in 1965 and for years, there were two NASCAR Sprint Cup races there every season. But in 2003, it lost one race to California, and in 2004, owner Bruton Smith moved the other races to Texas. After that, it sat mostly empty until Hillenburg bought it-- and it looks like that'll be the case until another new owner comes a

Thanks for the share and the update CIRF.... Sad to say thhe least because there were alot of good times had at the rock.

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    Okay! Okay! I finally have to ask. What website are you copying and pasting these cute come backers from??

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Trippy mcsidewalk??????

OMFG, that is a riot.
    Trippy McSidewalk has just entered the building!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Okay! Okay! I finally have to ask. What website are you copying and pasting these cute come backers from??
    Nope just having strong coffee

You said my name 3 times and released me. You may come to regret that!

Helle there Trippy McSidewalk!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy McSidewalk View Post
    welcome aboard Trippy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy McSidewalk View Post
    We've created a monster! - The JOKER!!

LOL........Welcome

i have no intentions of getting mud on my rod.