Default Shocks 04 rocket black front

Just switched to Rocket, for a Crate car how close do you stick to the rocket book for shocks and Springs? and should I run 92's on front or 90's. This is a ump crate car with a 604, and a 210# driver

Is that a raised rail car? Faint remember if 04 is. If it's not then run 92s. I started at there base and just adjusted for myself

I didn't post my post last night. 2004 Should be Raised Rail. The Rocket book will leave in left field on a crate. You need to run more of a slick track shock package because you don't have to HP to twist it up. 450LF 350 RF 250RR 175LR 54.0- 53.5 Rear. 55.-55.5 Left 80 lbs bite and tune your 5th for the HP you have move it back normally and around a 275 works for me depends on some other factors. I trail the RS bars .5" back to start from the book

yeah I couldnt remember when they changed it. We run close to where your at we run a 550Lf and a stack LR. I kept having problems out of my 10 black front from mid corner off being tight, set it up straight by the book and helped a ton

7uptruckracer, could you also do the shorter LR upper rod that Rocket calls out in the book for a crate? It would help promote loose roll steer.

Also, I've been running 88's on my RF but thinking about going to a 90 and seeing how that might work.

The short LRU is hit or miss depends on the driver and the track. It can provide more instant traction because you will gain more upper bar angle quicker, it can also cause more loose roll steer. It would be a risk of overtightening a crate car on throttle which is normally pretty bad for a crate. Kwoods25 are you a stack or a dual?

i have to have about 90 inches in the RF to keep nose from diging in, and we have almost 12 in. of clearance on the Rf.

If it is a raised rail car wouldn't the right lower frame rail bend start farther behind the mid plate? The o4 I have starts at the midplate. It is a 04. Called in the chassis number to rocket. So I should stick with the 92,s? Thanks for all the info. New I wasn't going to be anywhere close to the bite they were calling for. I figured between 60-80.

I'll see if i can get you some measurements. Rocket should have been able to tell you if the number and dated would have matched a raised rail

For what it's worth...Going from a 90 to a 92 is only going to raise the nose about 1/3 of an inch. You might be better off staying on the 90s and bending your bumper up a little to get your clearance.

The car i had was set up with 92's on the front. was going to switch that car to 90's but never made it to that point. so I have a few 92's. also looking for the pros and cons of running the 92 up front verse the 90

I don't know the pros and cons of it. I know we have always runs 90 everywhere except RR. We have had the diging in keep happening so we removed the front bumper put a new sleeve on top of the right horn and run the bumper in the top hole. Helped everything.