Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Keith Masters brought up an interesting point last week at the MBH chassis seminar with regards to suspension software. He said that most software packages on the market are written using symmetrical front ends. Very few, if any racecars on the market now a days use equal length suspensions.
    Last edited by tin man; 12-25-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tin man View Post
    Keith Masters brought up an interesting point last week at the MBH chassis seminar with regards to suspension software. He said that most software packages on the market are written using asymmetrical front ends. Very few, if any racecars on the market now a days use equal length suspensions.
    I think you may be confusing asymmetrical and symmetrical. Symmetrical are the same on both sides, asymmetrical are different from side to side.JMHO

sym·met·ri·cal
    səˈmetrik(ə)l/
    adjective
    made up of exactly similar parts facing each other or around an axis; showing symmetry.
    synonyms: evenly shaped, aligned, equal; More

a·sym·met·ri·cal
    ˌāsəˈmetrək(ə)l/
    adjective
    having parts that fail to correspond to one another in shape, size, or arrangement; lacking symmetry.
    "the church has an asymmetrical plan with an aisle only on one side"
    synonyms: lopsided, unsymmetrical, uneven, unbalanced, crooked, awry, askew, skew, misaligned; More
    having parts or aspects that are not equal or equivalent; unequal in some respect.

You are correct. I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Every newer rocket car I see always has a 1" spacer on the LR. Why don't they just run an inch longer axel tube ?
    Yes you are right about that Huck. I was told they shortened that axel tube and put the spacer on but not quite sure why. I guess it must be there so they can take it off when the track is very heavy to help loosen the car. I have an older Rocket with the standard length. John 1*
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

I know Rocket started running that rearend when they were doing the orange front cars, just not sure why they stick with it, almost everyone seems to run with the spacer.