Default max rpm with hydraulic lifters

I was just curious what guys consider max rpm for hydraulic lifters. We can not run solid lifters and want to know how much is too much. The reason I ask is I had a really good combination with solid lifters that I turned 7400 to 7600 but don't know if I should try that with hydraulics.

Thanks again

I've ran 7200 with .002 lash with no problems.

Might wanna replace the cheesy wire locks with snap rings to just to try and make sure the lifters don't come apart.
    Otherwise I have no clue but I would imagine the lifter style, spring, and cam lobe and overall valve train weight will all play a part.

Does it have to have 0 lash if checked. Years ago before good circle track hyd were around I would buy Reed solid cams and put TRW vl66rh lifters on them set lash at what can called for and go race never had a problem did it for years till they figured out what I was doing.Now with the good hyd cams available I think you will be be OK.Although I have not bought from them my son called several cam company's and was most impressed with Bullet and Lunanti's tech people he said Comp seemed to could have cared less if he bought from them or not.We have always used Howards off the shelf lift rule hyd's with good results .I think for our new motor we are gonna try Bullet it's just a little more money for a custom ground can like I said the people at Bullet just blew him away with how through they were and really wanted to sell him a cam.

We have ran 7600 with hyd and no problems

With my new super stock engine we can run solids… I've always tried to keep my rev's under 7K with any lifter but I'm pretty conservative and don't have the extra $$$ to spend if my power plant bites the big one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    Might wanna replace the cheesy wire locks with snap rings to just to try and make sure the lifters don't come apart.
    Otherwise I have no clue but I would imagine the lifter style, spring, and cam lobe and overall valve train weight will all play a part.
    Back in the day we would find half a dozen of those wire locks lieing in the lifter valley on every go fast, 7000 rpm plus sm block hyd cam chevy we pulled down. Do the snap rings actually work?

We did find after the season was over that the valve springs only had 90# seat pressure. Replacing the springs along with the valves.

As long they properly fit the groove than yes they work well. Not all of the snap rings are the same thickness so it's something to watch for if going down this road.