Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looks like people were talking of something similar back in '03...

http://www.thedirtforum.com/ubb/Arch...-9-002881.html
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

the cantilever setup works by as the pullbar is pulled back by the rearend it pushes or pulls (depending on how its setup) against the solid bar in the front which pushes or pulls against the front end so that the rf either gets more force put on it or takes weight off of it and transfers it to the rear..its pretty simple...and the only reason it is outlawed now is because it was new and the usmts and other sanctioning bodies are trying to keep the modifieds from getting too far out of hand and i can completely agree with that

Watch out for the catapult system off our LF lower, in conjunction with the RR brake floater

It's funny all the talk about this , brake floaters etc ! Cj Rayburn and Ray Calihan had this stuff 30 years ago. !! Sanders is in your mind !!!Dont get beat before you get there

the most winning late model at Hagerstown in the early 80s was a rayburn cantilever car driven by denny bonebrake

Thumbs down

Seems to me they are just stifling innovation for no good reason. That rule sounds so ambiguous you could associate it to whatever you want to. Its not like this was something that took outrageous ca$h to buy, you could build your own and if your half smart make it work.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Mark Bush told me that there is NO black magic or voodoo when it comes to the cantilever pull bar setup. Personally, I believe there is something to it that they are not telling us
    Find me on Facebook: Impetus Dirt Racing Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous24 View Post
    Mark Bush told me that there is NO black magic or voodoo when it comes to the cantilever pull bar setup. Personally, I believe there is something to it that they are not telling us

That's right, it's Trigonometry and a little geometry.....Math isn't voodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    That's right, it's Trigonometry and a little geometry.....Math isn't voodoo.
    You forgot physics
    Find me on Facebook: Impetus Dirt Racing Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by QQQQ View Post
    Sanders deal worked something like this.
    I would think the center hole of the cantelever bracket would mount to the "pullbar bracket" on the chassis. Otherwise, this is not cantilevered at all. It's a pullbar bracket with a brace running forward (had a shaw similar to this. needed every brace and then some on a tacky track).

As far as unsprung weigt, if the solid bar were run from top of rearend to cantelever bracket, and springs mounted forward from cantilever bracket, you would have less unsprung weight.

It absolutely makes a difference where that bar pulls from side to side and front to back. If there wasn't something to it, they would have let it be. But... unless you have a ton of time to devote to R&D, you'll be out to lunch on this more than the guy with a "book" setup. The big guys run some off the wall stuff, that we may not see for a few years. Even then, its like pulling teeth to get any info on what it does. They'll also run some stuff to catch your eye in one spot to keep you from looking somewhere else.

This is a picture I got about mid season last year of what I was told was a new Sanders car...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nick Hixson