Default Which battery to use?

I will be running a 602 with the stock HEI, so should I stick to a 12v or 16v battery. Also I don't run an alternator.

16v if you can get it. We used to run 16v till ours went south after 1 season. Now we stick to 12v Carquest brand optima. We run the red top optima and the Carquest brand. Just seem to like CQ better

I've always run an optima, both red top and yellow, and have never had an issue. I charge it each week, and at most on a weekend running 2 nights, have only had it drained down to 80 percent charge.

I don't remember the part numbers, but I want to say if you order online you can get an optima with only top mount post not both, it has like a 5 lb less shipping weight if I remember correctly.

Pricey but XS Power are the best batteries I have ever used

My Optima red top hit 8 years with zero problems including some serious wrecks.

I've had a red top optima for 3 years now. No problems

I agree, for 16v XS power is the best battery by far. I went through 3-4 turbo starts. Those things are junk.

Turbo start is JUNK. Plain and simple. 2 batterys in one year. One of them rode in the trailer as a back up, went to use the back up and would not take a charge. No more. Optima red top with a good charger all the way.

I run the 16 volt rock battery going on third season awesome battery.

We have ran the yellow top for 4 years now. If you go with a 16v battery I highly recommend getting the dual voltage post ones. They have 16v posts for ignition and a 12v one for accessories such as gauge lights and tach. This prolongs the life of these things.
    Follow us!