Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nope, the Long Beach, California experience was in the middle of the day and it was COLD.

However, we did set at Perris a couple years ago on Thanksgiving Night at The Turkey Night Grand Prix in a T-shirt 'till around 10 PM. The down side to that area of Cali is in the Summer months it routinely gets to well over 100 degrees and the pretty brown haze obscures anything more than a mile away.

That, along with the fires and mudslides and the constant fear of an 7.0 or stronger earthquake in addition to the fact that a home in Indiana selling for $75,000.00 will cost you a cool $600,000.00 in Cali makes the West Coast experience a bit more trouble than it's worth.

But if you can make a go of it and live on your own terms it's no doubt a great place, hats off to those who can and think it's all worth it. The fact that it's getting harder by the day to find people who you can actually understand when they speak also makes the Cali existence a challenge. But hey, you can golf in the winter and that's a huge plus, 'cept I don't golf! LOL!!

A whine review from the 4 m cellar.........

This austere simple whine is a little fruit forward, with hints of bitterness throughout. A less than serious whine that is best served with an equally simple dish like fried spam, cheese grits or pork brains.

Consume now, do not cellar as this whine deteriorates and does not age gracefully.

1/2 star, not recommended for drinking but makes great vinegar.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 12-30-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

whine or wine doesn't go well with dirt tracks

Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    whine or wine doesn't go well with dirt tracks
    Yeah, well nor does you and sidewalks!!! So what???? HHAHAHAHAAAaaaaaaaaaaa
    Scott Bloomchrist... The Lord, and Ruler of DIRT!!

"Hope everybody appreciated that ass kicking"
    -Scott Bloomquist

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Nope, the Long Beach, California experience was in the middle of the day and it was COLD.

However, we did set at Perris a couple years ago on Thanksgiving Night at The Turkey Night Grand Prix in a T-shirt 'till around 10 PM. The down side to that area of Cali is in the Summer months it routinely gets to well over 100 degrees and the pretty brown haze obscures anything more than a mile away.

That, along with the fires and mudslides and the constant fear of an 7.0 or stronger earthquake in addition to the fact that a home in Indiana selling for $75,000.00 will cost you a cool $600,000.00 in Cali makes the West Coast experience a bit more trouble than it's worth.

But if you can make a go of it and live on your own terms it's no doubt a great place, hats off to those who can and think it's all worth it. The fact that it's getting harder by the day to find people who you can actually understand when they speak also makes the Cali existence a challenge. But hey, you can golf in the winter and that's a huge plus, 'cept I don't golf! LOL!!

Our weather, compared to about anywhere else in the US is perfect.. and the wind came up so I didn't go golfing.... I put up with wind in South Dakota, I don't have to put up with it out here...

My family still lives in SD, there isn't really much of a difference in the cost of living...what they save in housing cost, they spend in utilities, AC in the summer and Heat in the winter... the property tax on my mothers house was higher then mine, by far and I assure you my house is worth more than hers which sold for 100K.. One thing that kicks our butt is food when you go to a restaurant...good food in the Midwest!! And lots of it... Our temp here on the central coast rarely gets out of the high seventies in the summer. We will get a few warm days in August and Sept but the rest of the time is good...I don't even have AC and is rarely found in this part of Cally. And bad air? Nope... have a daily breeze that keeps the air moving from about 11 to 4 about everyday.... LA is a whole different ballgame...that's why we don't live there... We might concider moving but whats the point, all our grand kids live here for the most part, one in Il. so we stay here. Where would we move to? St. George Utah would be one spot... Like it there a lot.

We're not talking about property taxes, we're talking about cost of housing. Rent is incredibly high. I have a niece renting in Los Angeles and another niece renting North of San Fransycho. Neither can come close to being able to afford to buy a place so they both rent. Problem is they both say even dumpy apartments rent for $2000 a month. Gasoline is usually the highest in the lower 48 and utilities are outa' sight, too.

And, the state income tax in Cali is extremely high and the state is still on the verge of bankruptcy. California's published debt is headed for $27 billion, WITH A B! However, the actual wall of debt is closer to $440 billion, WITH A B! This is unsustainable and when the day of reckoning arrives and Cali goes bankrupt the federal government will bail them out with some of the money I paid in federal income taxes.

Just remember to hang on tight when the big earthquake hits, keep payin' that state income tax so the illegal aliens' kids can go to school and have healthcare with no possibility of being prosecuted or deported and keep telling yourself how cool it is to go golfing in December!! LOL!!!!

Hey, knock that stuff off...........this is a thread for whine sommeliers!!!!

Your going to get accused of thread hijacking by the 4m neighborhood home owner association president.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

We're not talking about property taxes, we're talking about cost of housing. Rent is incredibly high. I have a niece renting in Los Angeles and another niece renting North of San Fransycho. Neither can come close to being able to afford to buy a place so they both rent. Problem is they both say even dumpy apartments rent for $2000 a month. Gasoline is usually the highest in the lower 48 and utilities are outa' sight, too.

And, the state income tax in Cali is extremely high and the state is still on the verge of bankruptcy. California's published debt is headed for $27 billion, WITH A B! However, the actual wall of debt is closer to $440 billion, WITH A B! This is unsustainable and when the day of reckoning arrives and Cali goes bankrupt the federal government will bail them out with some of the money I paid in federal income taxes.

Just remember to hang on tight when the big earthquake hits, keep payin' that state income tax so the illegal aliens' kids can go to school and have healthcare with no possibility of being prosecuted or deported and keep telling yourself how cool it is to go golfing in December!! LOL!!!!
    Good grief, when are you foreigners gonna figure out that there is more to Cally then LA and San Fag? Home prices here range from high 80's to millions...start low and work your way up... what do I care if Cally goes bankrupt? hell the whole country will probably go bankrupt.... and before yo mentioned something about worrying about earthquakes...for real? I have been through dozens of them, I'll take an earthquake over a tornado any day of the week... but that's fine, you like snow up to your butt hole fine with me, I don't, I like relatively warm weather year round.. I see the weather people bitching about it not getting over 50 on one day and I laugh my butt off....
    To each his own..I have lived in both and I prefer this ...

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    Yeah, well nor does you and sidewalks!!! So what???? HHAHAHAHAAAaaaaaaaaaaa
    civilized cities have sidewalks you wouldn't know anythink about that would you

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Good grief, when are you foreigners gonna figure out that there is more to Cally then LA and San Fag? Home prices here range from high 80's to millions...start low and work your way up... what do I care if Cally goes bankrupt? hell the whole country will probably go bankrupt.... and before yo mentioned something about worrying about earthquakes...for real? I have been through dozens of them, I'll take an earthquake over a tornado any day of the week... but that's fine, you like snow up to your butt hole fine with me, I don't, I like relatively warm weather year round.. I see the weather people bitching about it not getting over 50 on one day and I laugh my butt off....
    how about that it snowed in l.a here in the midwest in the 40s and dry as a bone

how about that it snowed in l.a here in the midwest in the 40s and dry as a bone
    Like I said, you guys think LA and San Fag.... snowed in the Inland Empire, at least an hour out of LA..It snowed an hour away from me too...so what? Our weather, on the average, is the best around....

yep the land of fruits anmd nuts

Lightbulb

civilized cities have sidewalks you wouldn't know anythink about that would you
    You calling Ferguson civil says all we need to know abuot you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laugh some dam more at ya..................

Keep tyin' Freddy, you goof Lol, ............................

-Scott Bloomquist

Phil

wellit more civilized than then seeing mr ed and his relatives plus lunch or supper talking to you all day and you have been watching the media hype to long

You'll care if Cali goes bankrupt, believe that. And tell us how ya' like payin' 10% state income taxes. That's gotta' be gratifying!

In regards to the earthquakes, the big one is way overdue and this won't be a little dish rattler. That's the one ya' wanna' be afraid of.

And, I don't doubt there are homes in Cali that will only bring $80,000. The problem you folks have, or those who want to buy a home, is that a place that will bring $80,000 in lets say, Tennessee, will cost ya' $300,000.00-$400,000.00 in Cali.

I'm gonna' think twice about working to make the kind of money to buy a $300,000 house that is really only worth maybe $75,000 in 95% of the rest of the country.

It was 33 degrees overnight in Pasadena and it was only in the 40's for the Tournament of Roses Parade and the high will only be in the 50's. Right here in the area of the Midwest that we inhabit there isn't a flake of snow on the ground and it was in the 50's 3 of the last 5 days so please tell us all again what a paradise we're all missing! LOL!!!

Lastly, can ya' actually find anyone who can speak anything but broken English? I've been to Cali more than a dozen times in the last 10 years all the way from Oregon to San Diego and it gets to be more of a challenge to communicate with folks all the time.

But hey, you can go golfin' in the Winter!! LOL!!!

Default just for blackturd

he has to to practice he has a round soon with his favorite leader lol
    Last edited by LITE-INN; 01-01-2015 at 08:14 PM.

he has to to practicehe has a round soon with his favorite leader lol
    For the love of God! Wtf????

-Scott Bloomquist

Phil

You'll care if Cali goes bankrupt, believe that. And tell us how ya' like payin' 10% state income taxes. That's gotta' be gratifying!

In regards to the earthquakes, the big one is way overdue and this won't be a little dish rattler. That's the one ya' wanna' be afraid of.

And, I don't doubt there are homes in Cali that will only bring $80,000. The problem you folks have, or those who want to buy a home, is that a place that will bring $80,000 in lets say, Tennessee, will cost ya' $300,000.00-$400,000.00 in Cali.

I'm gonna' think twice about working to make the kind of money to buy a $300,000 house that is really only worth maybe $75,000 in 95% of the rest of the country.

It was 33 degrees overnight in Pasadena and it was only in the 40's for the Tournament of Roses Parade and the high will only be in the 50's. Right here in the area of the Midwest that we inhabit there isn't a flake of snow on the ground and it was in the 50's 3 of the last 5 days so please tell us all again what a paradise we're all missing! LOL!!!

Lastly, can ya' actually find anyone who can speak anything but broken English? I've been to Cali more than a dozen times in the last 10 years all the way from Oregon to San Diego and it gets to be more of a challenge to communicate with folks all the time.

But hey, you can go golfin' in the Winter!! LOL!!!

Man, your reading comprehension sucks....on the average!!!!!!! My son and two of my grandsons were at the Rose bowl today...Son said it was beautiful....were you there? then how would you know? I've been in Cally for 16,425 days and you been here about 30, and your telling me what this state is? Seriously? Get a clue would ya.... And I picked an arbitrary year 1965 to find out what the death rate between earthquakes and tornadoes were, 271 deaths from earthquakes, but tornados did that in one year...so keep talking out your azz, your not impressing anyone, and I will go golfing tomorrow and next week I'll be in Tucson for the Wild West Shootout, come by and look me up, I'll be with the 32B DLM

Man, your reading comprehension sucks....on the average!!!!!!! My son and two of my grandsons were at the Rose bowl today...Son said it was beautiful....were you there? then how would you know? I've been in Cally for 16,425 days and you been here about 30, and your telling me what this state is? Seriously? Get a clue would ya.... And I picked an arbitrary year 1965 to find out what the death rate between earthquakes and tornadoes were, 271 deaths from earthquakes, but tornados did that in one year...so keep talking out your azz, your not impressing anyone, and I will go golfing tomorrow and next week I'll be in Tucson for the Wild West Shootout, come by and look me up, I'll be with the 32B DLM
    he doesn't like dlms either

Been to the Rose Bowl twice and it was cold as a son of a bitch both times. Too bad your relatives got to see one of the worst lop sided games in the history of the Rose Bowl game. One thing good about that bad of a game is the crowd filters out somewhat slowly and you'll only have to set in traffic for 3 hours instead of 4 or 5 in order to get out of Arroyo Seco.

There are all kinds of places to track exactly what the temperatures are hour by hour if you want. The crowd all were dressed as if they were watching a snow mobile race! LOL!!

It's simple as this, if ya'll like the staggering state tax rates and the incredibly overprice housing then more power to ya'. But there are a lotta' people who are a bit more disenchanted with the land of fruits and nuts.

18 of the last 20 years there has been negative domestic migration to the tune of 3.6 million people. That is if you care to believe the California Department of Finance. 1.4 million of those 3.6 million went to Texas where there is no state income tax. That's a real surprise, isn't it? But on the upside ya' always got the illegal aliens coming in to partially take their place which greatly contributes to the $28 billion budget shortfall of last year and most of that is due to the education and social services your friends from South of the border demand and get.

Talkin' out my a$$? Maybe. But if I am you got your ear right up close so you can listen and hear every word!! LOL!!

But hey, you can golf in the winter!! Ya' got that goin' for ya'! LOL!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 01-01-2015 at 10:18 PM.