Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Been to the Rose Bowl twice and it was cold as a son of a bitch both times. Too bad your relatives got to see one of the worst lop sided games in the 100+ year history of the Rose Bowl. One thing good about that bad of a game is the crowd filters out somewhat slowly and you'll only have to set in traffic for 3 hours instead of 4 or 5 in order to get out of Arroyo Seco.

There are all kinds of places to track exactly what the temperatures are hour by hour if you want. The crowd all were dressed as if they were watching a snow mobile race! LOL!!

It's simple as this, if ya'll like the staggering state tax rates and the incredibly overprice housing then more power to ya'. But there are a lotta' people who are a bit more disenchanted with the land of fruits and nuts.

18 of the last 20 years there has been negative domestic migration to the tune of 3.6 million people. That is if you care to believe the California Department of Finance. 1.4 million of those 3.6 million went to Texas where there is no state income tax. That's a real surprise, isn't it? But on the upside ya' always got the illegal aliens coming in to partially take their place which greatly contributes to the $28 billion budget shortfall of last year and most of that is due to the education and social services your friends from South of the border demand and get.

Talkin' out my a$$? Maybe. But if I am you got your ear right up close so you can listen and hear every word!! LOL!!

But hey, you can golf in the winter!! Ya' got that goin' for ya'! LOL!!
    Yup, talkin out your ass....I suppose you can tell a good game before you go...eye roll right there... I couldn't care less what the financial shortfalls of Cally are, if your worth a crap, you protect yourself from that stuff, you worry about, so apparently your the dumb azz that isn't covered... I notice you gave up on the earthquake/tornado bs, you were out to lunch on that one too... oh nice cut and paste work too...you've earned another eye roll....

As far as the Rose Bowl game is concerned I said it was too bad it was an awful game, didn't I? LOL!! The he!! of it is ya' still gotta' set in traffic for hours whether it's a good game or a bad one. I know I've done it.

Protecting yourself from sky high taxation? Hmmmmm. That sounds illegal! LOL!!

And, that 7.0 quake that you're overdue for is nothing to worry about. Tornado's? Your house is just as demolished and you're just as dead whether it's by a storm or by being shook to little pieces or rubble. As far as the chances of one over the other? They're 100% if your in the middle of either one!

The domestic migration numbers? Why, those people who are leavin' are just stupid! Who would want to leave such a veritable paradise?

Now, you can roll your eyes some more.............sucker!! Hehehehe@u!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    As far as the Rose Bowl game is concerned I said it was too bad it was an awful game, didn't I? LOL!! The he!! of it is ya' still gotta' set in traffic for hours whether it's a good game or a bad one. I know I've done it.

Protecting yourself from sky high taxation? Hmmmmm. That sounds illegal! LOL!!

And, that 7.0 quake that you're overdue for is nothing to worry about. Tornado's? Your house is just as demolished and you're just as dead whether it's by a storm or by being shook to little pieces or rubble. As far as the chances of one over the other? They're 100% if your in the middle of either one!

The domestic migration numbers? Why, those people who are leavin' are just stupid! Who would want to leave such a veritable paradise?

Now, you can roll your eyes some more.............sucker!! Hehehehe@u!

My house is approximately 30 yrs old.. in that thirty years, it has weathers out Cally earthquakes from 5.5 to 7.2 and hasn't so much as knocked a picture off the wall...talking out your ass again? (insert eye roll here) I don't believe I have ever stated that the state was business friendly..not a single time, another reading comprehension issue you have I guess.. I am a small business owner, I'm well aware of the problems BUT the WEATHER and FAMILY still trump those issues... Look, you don't like Cally, don't come here, no one really cares...I like it here, so what, what skin is that off your nose? Any one that thinks the way you think knows little about the state and actually living here..... Where I live is more of a farming community then a city, hence were surrounded by very conservative folks.... Lots of Mexicans? Yup, so what? At least the bulk of them are legal, unlike those in the cities..... I don't know that state your in, I thought along the way you said Indiana, I'm sure its a nice state, but the middle of the winter sucks there and the middle of the summer sucks there.... our weather is more temperate, and that is the reason I like it here.... and as an added bonus, I like the Chase.... There ya have it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    My house is approximately 30 yrs old.. in that thirty years, it has weathers out Cally earthquakes from 5.5 to 7.2 and hasn't so much as knocked a picture off the wall...talking out your ass again? (insert eye roll here) I don't believe I have ever stated that the state was business friendly..not a single time, another reading comprehension issue you have I guess.. I am a small business owner, I'm well aware of the problems BUT the WEATHER and FAMILY still trump those issues... Look, you don't like Cally, don't come here, no one really cares...I like it here, so what, what skin is that off your nose? Any one that thinks the way you think knows little about the state and actually living here..... Where I live is more of a farming community then a city, hence were surrounded by very conservative folks.... Lots of Mexicans? Yup, so what? At least the bulk of them are legal, unlike those in the cities..... I don't know that state your in, I thought along the way you said Indiana, I'm sure its a nice state, but the middle of the winter sucks there and the middle of the summer sucks there.... our weather is more temperate, and that is the reason I like it here.... and as an added bonus, I like the Chase.... There ya have it!!!
    Funny about all this talk about earthquakes when the New Madrid fault in MO. lets go it will make Cali's tembles look like nothin

Where the hell are all 3 of the 4 m club Isis members when you need them????? This thread has been hijacked big time and not a single sighting of bubstr,col. Clink or litey?????

Am I being discriminated against here???? I thought they were against ALL thread hijacking........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Where the hell are all 3 of the 4 m club Isis members when you need them????? This thread has been hijacked big time and not a single sighting of bubstr,col. Clink or litey?????

Am I being discriminated against here???? I thought they were against ALL thread hijacking........
    Ahhhhh BBQ ya got me I is jus a hyjakin mauraudin sob Please don't send Gotdirt,Bubstr and the all things proper group after me I ain't a hankerin fer a throw down with them Geritol Fueld demons

Quote Originally Posted by hpmaster View Post
    Funny about all this talk about earthquakes when the New Madrid fault in MO. lets go it will make Cali's tembles look like nothin
    You're right hp. The New Madrid fault could produce an earthquake of 7.7 which is estimated will cause upwards of 3000 deaths in Memphis alone.

The 1811 New Madrid quake caused the Mississippi River to appear to flow North for a day or so. Many river vessels were overwhelmed by the huge waves on the river and some were thrown quite a distance inland from the banks of the Mississippi. It's been debunked over the years that the big river actually flowed backwards but it fooled a lotta' people.

Supposedly we're too far North to sustain damage or loss of life but no one knows for sure. I've talked to insurance people who are supposed to be experts on the subject and they've assured us that we're far enough North. However out in Cali nearly the whole state is in a fault line zone that extends over 800 miles North to South and the possibility of a 7.5 or stronger earthquake in California is almost 50% and the odds get better every day!

But hey you can go golfing in the winter!! LOL!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 01-02-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Its all in the soil big guy, its all in the soil....

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Its all in the soil big guy, its all in the soil....
    soil liquefaction

Talking

72 today and 77 tomorrow and probably going golfing....ya, our cold snap is over...how bout yours?

it's cold but that keeps the tornados away.

Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

It is a chilly day here near Sycamore Speedway at 15.5555557 Celsius!!

Doesn't matter to me what temperature it's going to be in the strange land of fruits, nuts and incredibly high taxes or whether you can go golfin' 'cause I don't golf and don't wanna'.

Everybody's where they wanna' be. We're all content, I reckon. LOL!!

Just appoint of interest on the news today. Korea has a nuclear bomb in the process. And has told U.S. that it points to the West Coast!!!! I hope not.

They ain't got enough bottle rockets to get it off the ground....they'd be like Ralphy, they'll shoot their own eye out... Its not enough to have the bomb, you have to deliver it....can you say scud missile? Yup, that be Korea... They might be able to scare Sony but they'll have to work a bit harder to get the rest of us nervous...

Korea just has the little man syndrome. They think there bigger and badder than anybody. If they would just open there eyes they could see. HAHAHA