Default Problem with axle seals

I'm running what is suppose to be the good brand Seals-It inner axle seals and my hubs and axle tube are completely full of gear oil. Even the left side. Am I missing something here or does everybody still fight this problem with axle seals?

9 inch or QC i had a QC that had smaller inner bearing so the normal seal leaked like yours.i would check the size of the spool. and if you are using a mini spool it will not seal off.

Do you run the outer axle tube seals as well as the inner axle tube seals you can get those too!

It's a 9" with a mini spool. Don't have the seals at the end of the snouts, but I was thinking of adding them to see if it helped

I had to add the snout seals to get mine to stop filling the hubs

will not help. it will keep the oil out of the hubs but will still fill the tube. if you can i would go to a full spool.with that mini spool your oil go's down the tube in corners and can hurt the gears in the long run.

Are you pulling the axles before you drain the fluid? When the rearend is hanging in the car and you pull an axle the oil will run into the tube. Either drain before you lift the car upnwith the axles out or drain the fluid before you take the axles out. The oil will fill the tube and not be able to leave since you have the inner seals in.

Had the same problem, ended up the snout seal was bad due too a bent axle.

Snout seals may keep the oil out of the hub but aren't going to help with filling the axle tube. I never run the snout seals because I run the inner seals on both sides to keep the gear oil where it is needed. If your inner seals aren't working I would check to make sure you don't have a bent housing or axle.

Have to run mini spool, imca rules. I always drain before I pull axles. I'm 99.9% sure the housing isn't bent (pretty new, hasn't taken a hit, axles pull out easy as can be) but the axles have been around awhile. Possible one of them could be bent.

And Jeff, it's the good seals with the multiple seals. But I run usually between 3-4 quarts, so I will run try running less this year. What gear oil do you run?

Think maybe it's time to put new axles in anyway, so between. Less fluid and new axles, hopefully that helps

If axle was bent, would it still pullout easy or would it be tough to get out?

When you drain rearend does oil flow out steady and evenly or does it burp? If not smooth I would bet on clogged vent. Also do not pull axles out all the way this what tears seals only pull far enough to get center section out.

Be sure the seal fits tight on the axle. There are different sizes of seals for the different axle diameters out there.

SPark

if gun drilled axle seals will not work oil goes in the center of axle and fills hubs even if they are plugged