Thread: loose out

Default loose out

Loose coming out of turns good everywhere else 03000 pounds. 50.7 left 52 rear 150 bite 1200 ref. 1000 of 200 left rear 175 right new reinforce arch pair 94 rear 5-3 front

Also 8 inch tires d-40 3 inch onfront 4 left rear 3 right rear

street stock air rf12 lf10 rr 10 lr101.5 rear stagger 1/4 frintride heights rf6/78 lf 6 lr 7 /78 rr 6/782 inch lower blocks on both sides shackles one hole down on rear bothfront shocks are out side mounts rear are in stock location but are hiem mountsall % are with driver and 18 gallons of fuel shackle are straight up and down

Put a 4 off on the RR and a 3 off on the LR. Use spell check; I got a headache reading this.
    Gator Engineering

Is this on a camaro? you mentioned shackles and lowering blocks...
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

I had PM'ed him , that post that was a bit mixed up was a response to my PM . I understood all that . Yes its a leaf car.

I deciphered he is running 5-3 on both fronts. Try a 5-5 on LF and one bump up stiffer to 6 compression on RF, assuming the shock is 5 compression, 3 rebound. It will help entry which in turn should allow better exit, as long as you are not pitching the car in sideways on entry.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

left side % looks alot low

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    left side % looks alot low
    That is very true. He may be getting really tight in and unknowingly breaking the car loose to get it out of the push. That will definitely influence his exit. Need to be up a few more percent 52-54% as a baseline, adjust as needed.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

This is my experience with leaf springs...
    1) A Camaro/leaf spring car does not seem to need as much rear % as a coil car and you can win with under 50% rear.
    2) If this is a Camaro street stock, you will need a LOT more LR later in the night...I consistently was in the middle to upper 300# range.
    3)Your right side tire pressures are too low for a 3000# car...start at 16# each and pay close attention to how much they roll over. If you have someone with you have the video the car entering and exiting the corners or you can use the old method of putting a white mark on the sidewall and see how much gets rubbed off (do this every time the car goes on the track until you get an idea of what you need).
    4)Start the night with 3" offset on all 4 corners and as the track slicks off move the rears to the inside of the track...for example...LR 2" and RR4".
    5) Take stagger out of the rear...2-3" to start the night and DO NOT be afraid to go to 0 or reverse stagger (I'm sure there will be a lot of negatives about this low/negative stagger...but it works for me)
    6) I do not like my shackles straight up but you can make do with it. I would at least drill a hole in front of the left side shackle mount which allows the shackle to angle to the rear of the car.
    7) Rear spring may be a little light...I have ran them that light and won but I have come to like them a little stiffer since then...since you have them, run them.
    8) Front springs 900LF and 800RF or you can go 1000LF and 900RF..I have used both with success and would go with the 1000/900 now
    9)If you can run D40's...DO IT!, I NEVER run anything else no matter what the track does (unfortunately most of the coil guys have gotten this outlawed in my area because they can't run them without tearing them up...btw I only buy used tires so I am not throwing an unlimited budget at tires). On dry slick...keep the rear under the car entering the corner and drive in, rotate it in the middle and drive STRAIGHT off the corner.
    10)No lowering block on the LR and the shortest adjustable lowering block on the RR and move the RR back a 1/4-1/2".

The last time I drove a Camaro I had just started experimenting with and extension on my left rear shock on the slick and decreasing the rebound and stiffing the compression and was liking the results. This was a gas charged shock and the only gas shock on the car. All my shocks are also used and nothing fancy.

Nothing will work if you can't control your right foot. You can win with a lot less throttle than you think necessary on some nights.

There are a lot more people that know more about this than I do and hopefully they will help. I cannot get all technical and tell you why all this stuff work, I can just tell you that it works for me and has worked on different cars through the years.

GOOD LUCK!