Default 411, Cleveland and Boyd's among six track Crate Late Model alliance

http://insidedirtracing.com/411-clev...odel-alliance/

A total of six tracks will work together to form a Crate LM series in 2015.

Sounds good on paper.Problems I see are that fans want super latemodel racing,I just don't see the huge money making crowds that the super races have..the only time all the tracks mentioned in the above made money was with the open super late model shows.My question is why just use the super guys 3 times a year?
    Last edited by crownman25; 01-17-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Another thing.I have paid more to get in the pits at a $1500.00 crate at the same track that had $5000.00 to win super race.The reason why less people in the stands, so promoters pass it on to the back gate...
    Last edited by crownman25; 01-13-2015 at 02:49 PM.

This series will be teched on the engine and tire fronts. All sanctioning body seals will be allowed. Motors will be teched according to GM specs no matter what seal the motor carries. Motors will be teched by one individual for all twelve races. This series will be a win/ win for all involved.
    Rick Downs

That is great news about the tech for these races.

Last year a couple of tracks had big crate shows and charged a $50 entry fee, which was perfectly acceptable, but paying weekly/regular show start money was not.

56 fan tear them down at the track ,Don't just look at bogus seals and call that tech...

I wish all the tracks luck,my response is just my opinion ..

Just a thought make this supers and crates let the drivers run both .you would have a bigger fan base too...two diff. races...one series...

If the motors are torn down and all the bodies are within height and width specs I think it could be a good thing. Every track has to enforce ALL the rules or this will crash and burn! I have seen several cars at a couple of tracks that have the rear of the car so high that it looks like a wedge of old and since it is the local hero nothing is done until a touring series comes to town and poof the guy is a no snow.
    SO I wish this a ton of luck and hopefully the ticket prices will not run people off.
    Where is a schedule?

The only problem is you have guys lick Chuck that builds cheater motors,ask Gentry he won championship with his cheater motors then got kicked out,so if you are going to run this you need to buy a motor from the tech man

Yeah that's what grips my azz bs like that.theres a lot of politics in it .And weekly super late models replaced with this....but they get less attendance because everyone sits around and waits on a super race to go to.thats why all the super races draw good crowds now...Why didn't these tracks just go with Nesmith crate sanction?are these tracks not going to sanction any of those races?
    Last edited by crownman25; 01-17-2015 at 11:13 PM.

It's a business crownman25. Nesmith takes 100% of the entry fees plus a sanctioning fee. This series is paying $2500 to win each race. No license fee like nesmith. They are running 12 races and paying out a points fund. The points champion will receive half as much as the Nesmith champion does, but this is only 12 races and very little travel expense. Crate haters will always be crate haters.
    Rick Downs

When a person goes and pays $5400.00 for a motor and has to go spend $5000.00 for a blue print to be competitive .. call it haten or what ever.. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)..Ive been around racing over 30 years and have never seen it so screwed up..... ... Once again thumbs up to the tracks in the south running a weekly super program...
    Last edited by crownman25; 01-17-2015 at 11:14 PM.

4. OPEN CRATE:390 CFM CARBURETOR– Carburetor spacer 1 inch max, no tolerance allowed, carburetor gasket maximum of .070 each, carburetor spacer cannot extend into intake manifold. 362 Cubic Inch Max—Flat Top Pistons, Valve Reliefs Allowed, Crate Aluminum Heads Allowed ONLY, Crate Intake ONLY, Steel Production Crankshaft ONLY, Any Cam, Any Rockers, Any Steel Lifters. Must have started out as an original GM, Ford, or Dodge crate engine. Must run a 6900 RPM REV chip. 5. See “Additional Rules” Section for weight requirement Found this on huntsvillespeedway.com I guess the saw what was going on . maybe you should adopt this rule...
    Last edited by crownman25; 01-15-2015 at 09:44 PM.

I have been informed that the tracks are going to tech and make sure that everyone is treated fair at all tracks so with that being said this will be a good start at uniting tracks in the south.This has been something that has been needed for quite a while same rules,same tires ect...So good luck and everyone keep up the good work ...