Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default the things you find....

I've been digging around through some old things I've had over the years. I've found a few things that relate to racing. As a kid I was big about getting autographs from drivers I found this what looks like the back page of a 90s dirt late model mag I thought I'd share it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

give john mason a green pen lol

Racing John Mason is the one that stuck out to me! Awesome share zyoung,

Default here's another find

I always had a goal as a kid to fill up a flag with autographs at one race. This is closest I've found to doing that.

Here's probably a rare find. I'm not sure...do they even make this magazine anymore?

Thumbs up

Here's one of prized possessions. I was huge Donnie Moran fan back in the day. I'll never forget the day I got this shirt. I looked up to him like most people looked up to Earnhardt. Shirt says 94 at the bottom which would've put me around 9, it's never been worn. Been folded up in a bag for 20 years now. My ol buddy Dave Latham hooked me up to meet Donnie and he had this shirt waiting on me when I walked up.

Is that Jack Boggs and Randle Chupp on your autograph page? Cool stuff! I also saw Skip Arp on your flag. A definite blast from the past. Thanks for the share!

It is Jack Boggs and Chupp. That's the 2 that stuck out to me as well. Arp and Ol Earl Baltes are on the flag. Earl was always my buddy as a kid. I'd always run up to him after a race and ask him if he ever sold enough hot dogs. I can't remember what he said exactly. We all know the famous line he had for that. Im sure it was some where along those lines.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 01-25-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Very cool, if I get a chance tomorrow I will post some old school dirt autographs and magazines that I have.

hey mr. young i was doing some digging myself and found numerous articles where we won many races at atomic and 3 wins at eldora in 1970. i put some of my pic's on my facebook. oldies but goodies. sprintcar stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    It is Jack Boggs and Chupp. That's the 2 that stuck out to me as well. Arp and Ol Earl Baltes are on the flag. Earl was always my buddy as a kid. I'd always run up to him after a race and ask him if he ever sold enough hot dogs. I can't remember what he said exactly. We all know the famous line he had for that. Im sure it was some where along those lines.
    Yep, them are the two that stuck out to me also.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Here's one of prized possessions. I was huge Donnie Moran fan back in the day. I'll never forget the day I got this shirt. I looked up to him like most people looked up to Earnhardt. Shirt says 94 at the bottom which would've put me around 9, it's never been worn. Been folded up in a bag for 20 years now. My ol buddy Dave Latham hooked me up to meet Donnie and he had this shirt waiting on me when I walked up.
    I had that exact shirt, probably gone now. But I did save a lot. But if at my moms, probably gone. I remember that one because of the hauler on the back and the Frazeysburg Flash Deal. I made a big checkered flag deal in Home Ec in high school of Donnie. He was also my favorite driver growing up.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Here are a couple of things I ran across that I had put up

And a couple more, the license plate was a gift to my dad I give him when I went to the World 100 in 2001, he collected license plates so I thought he would enjoy that and he did, he has since passed and it makes it even more special to me now.

These are 2 of my most prized racing related possessions. I bought the white T-shirt when Jack was running a Ford engine in this dirt late model and was on the front row (that is until ol' snort bloomquist turned him into the wall before the first turn of the first lap and broke Jack's wrist!!!) of the very first Eldora Dirt Late Model Dream.

The black T-shirt was the car Jack drove on Eldora Million weekend. Jack was leading his heat race by about 1/2 a straight away and the engine let go with about 5 to go. There were a bunch of disappointed Hewitt fans (myself included in a big way!!) in the Eldora grandstands that evening!!

I had them both tucked away deep in a closet and had forgotten about them. The wife found 'em and showed 'em to me. Almost brought a tear to my eye.

this thread has brought back a lot of memories, thanks guys.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    These are 2 of my most prized racing related possessions. I bought the white T-shirt when Jack was running a Ford engine in this dirt late model and was on the front row (that is until ol' snort bloomquist turned him into the wall before the first turn of the first lap and broke Jack's wrist!!!) of the very first Eldora Dirt Late Model Dream.

The black T-shirt was the car Jack drove on Eldora Million weekend. Jack was leading his heat race by about 1/2 a straight away and the engine let go with about 5 to go. There were a bunch of disappointed Hewitt fans (myself included in a big way!!) in the Eldora grandstands that evening!!

I had them both tucked away deep in a closet and had forgotten about them. The wife found 'em and showed 'em to me. Almost brought a tear to my eye.
    what no chilli bowl or kyle Larson goods amazing maybe there is hope for you yet

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    give john mason a green pen lol
    guess you guys never had the pleasure of getting one

Quote Originally Posted by 25 Jay 53 View Post
    Here are a couple of things I ran across that I had put up
    That's pretty cool. A few names I haven't seen for a while on there. Gusty Christenberry and Rex Richey. I know we lost Rex a couple ye assets ago. Wonder what ol Gusty is up too now days? I know he was a big farmer back when he raced.

I remember both of those cars CIRF and I remember when Jack broke his wrist. The black car had the polished frame....very sharp piece.

Some nice shares guys. Some nice memorabilia for sure.
    8/13/16