Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    That's pretty cool. A few names I haven't seen for a while on there. Gusty Christenberry and Rex Richey. I know we lost Rex a couple ye assets ago. Wonder what ol Gusty is up too now days? I know he was a big farmer back when he raced.

I remember both of those cars CIRF and I remember when Jack broke his wrist. The black car had the polished frame....very sharp piece.
    Thanks. I didn't know that Rex had passed away. Hate to hear that, he won the very first Hav-A-Tampa race that I ever seen back in 1990 I think. It was at Hohenwald, TN. And, actually that is Clayton Christenberry not Gusty. I believe I got the flag autographed at Atomic in 1998.

Ah I get them mixed up I just seen the last name. I could have Rex mixed up with another guy too, maybe a Douglas? I can't get nothing right today lol. Still yet cool find though man. I got a few more things I found and never posted pics of yet.

I remember now who I'm talking about, Rex is still with us don't believe he races anymore though. I always get Rex and Scott Sexton mixed up, i believe Sexron is one who passed a couple years ago, sure where I came up with a Douglas.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 01-26-2015 at 11:38 PM.

This is a good thread that I for one, will continue to check. Thanks to all for the shares

Ah I get them mixed up I just seen the last name. I could have Rex mixed up with another guy too, maybe a Douglas? I can't get nothing right today lol. Still yet cool find though man. I got a few more things I found and never posted pics of yet.
    I certainly have days like that myself. I know Scott Sexton passed away. I will try to see what else I can find to post.

I just fixed my post about the same time u posted. I remember that now.

That's pretty cool. A few names I haven't seen for a while on there. Gusty Christenberry and Rex Richey. I know we lost Rex a couple ye assets ago. Wonder what ol Gusty is up too now days? I know he was a big farmer back when he raced.I remember both of those cars CIRF and I remember when Jack broke his wrist. The black car had the polished frame....very sharp piece.
    why would you say Rex Richey passed away a few years ago, he started on the front row at Boyd's back in April of last year in a limited late model less than a year ago, if he's passed away since then, then that's news to me, did he pass away in the last few months???

Quote Originally Posted by GotDirt1313 View Post
    why would you say Rex Richey passed away a few years ago, he started on the front row at Boyd's back in April of last year in a limited late model less than a year ago, if he's passed away since then, then that's news to me, did he pass away in the last few months???
    I think he was just mistaken. That happens.

Thanks for the memories guy's a lot of nice old stuff shared on this thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by 25 Jay 53 View Post
    I think he was just mistaken. That happens.
    Yeah, no biggee, just thought I might have missed somethin... used to love watching him race!!

I always collected drivers wives.

Quote Originally Posted by GotDirt1313 View Post
    Yeah, no biggee, just thought I might have missed somethin... used to love watching him race!!
    Yep. Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by 25 Jay 53 View Post
    Yep. Me too!
    Good stuff Jay. All your posts on this thread, really good. Especially about the license plate.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    These are 2 of my most prized racing related possessions. I bought the white T-shirt when Jack was running a Ford engine in this dirt late model and was on the front row (that is until ol' snort bloomquist turned him into the wall before the first turn of the first lap and broke Jack's wrist!!!) of the very first Eldora Dirt Late Model Dream.

The black T-shirt was the car Jack drove on Eldora Million weekend. Jack was leading his heat race by about 1/2 a straight away and the engine let go with about 5 to go. There were a bunch of disappointed Hewitt fans (myself included in a big way!!) in the Eldora grandstands that evening!!

I had them both tucked away deep in a closet and had forgotten about them. The wife found 'em and showed 'em to me. Almost brought a tear to my eye.
    Cool shirts. Only remember Jack at Eldora and he came to Expo in NE Ohio on a weekday to race a late model in the mid 90's. He was in the 21 JW Hunt car very similar to the one on your shirt. Hope to see him again, obviously he doesn't race, but I don't think I have his autograph.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Good stuff Jay. All your posts on this thread, really good. Especially about the license plate.
    Thank you!

I feel like these things are a part of the past. Not many drivers hand these out anymore. I believe Feger and Owens do....I know Feger always has a stand beside his car where anyone can grab one and he'll sign it. Moyer and Francis ones were found in my closet. The Moran one was found in the bottom of my Micheal Jordan basketball card collection inside a boss mustang model car box, like I said before Moran was my hero as a kid haha. I found a few more I'll post them later on.

I really liked that Moyer car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zyoung25; 01-28-2015 at 01:08 AM.

A never worn World 100 shirt from 1994, a never worn Eldora Million shirt, and an autographed card from Josh Richards.

And finally an autographed card from Justin Allgaier

I feel like these things are a part of the past. Not many drivers hand these out anymore. I believe Feger and Owens do....I know Feger always has a stand beside his car where anyone can grab one and he'll sign it. Moyer and Francis ones were found in my closet. The Moran one was found in the bottom of my Micheal Jordan basketball card collection inside a boss mustang model car box, like I said before Moran was my hero as a kid haha. I found a few more I'll post them later on.

I really liked that Moyer car.
    Always liked the GVS car. Wether it was Freddy, Moyer, or Babb?, nice cars. Can't picture Freddy or Billy using bass tubes.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 01-29-2015 at 08:45 AM.

Thumbs up

Here's probably a rare find. I'm not sure...do they even make this magazine anymore?
    That was a great magazine, I loved it. No, they went belly up in the late 90's. I think I have just about every issue they put out, even the jumbo over sized ones. Thanks for sharing that.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.