Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pierce cars?

So again why do they use Meric Chassis for the mods? You'd think there would be an explanation to highlight their chassis. I'd really like to know why most imca use Chevelle and very few metric while there are many more metric in UMP land.

Metric frames are cheaper.You can run nova lowers. IMCA have always liked full size frames.

So the only reason pierce does this is to have a bigger profit margin?

Go price there complete rollers to other chassis. LoT CHEAPER

^^^Very true on pricing,you can get two pierces for the same price as one LG21,grt,rocket by rulhman etc.

So no answer as to why they use metrics except for the fact it's cheaper to produce? Hmmmmm not buying it. There has got to be more.

He likes the geometry, the ability to use the lower control arms he wants and and the availability. It's the only things that matter.

You meant that he liked someone else's latest design!

Ump. Every chassis builder copied somebody's other car some were along the line, that's why there are so many out there or there called copy's,such as diamond used to work at pierce went on his own made a few changes,fevers and his late models. And etc

Default Bring back the D

Quote Originally Posted by bob75 View Post
    Ump. Every chassis builder copied somebody's other car some were along the line, that's why there are so many out there or there called copy's,such as diamond used to work at pierce went on his own made a few changes,fevers and his late models. And etc
    It don't make it right.

Why wouldn't you want to make as much profit as possible as long as you still put out a quality product ? They are selling them cheaper than other builders are according to above posts.

I'd say pierce kinda paved the way to today's mods JMO he didn't invent the wheel jus made it a lot better when he started out

There good cars for ump you get them in the imca they go no where.

Quote Originally Posted by springer View Post
    There good cars for ump you get them in the imca they go no where.
    Exactly! But why?

Different tires and motors, mostly though the different tires.

So a stickier tire on ump cars is beneficial to metric chassis? A hard tire is better on a Chevelle? Also what are pierce cars running for front ends now? Nova, metric spindle or nova and pinto spindle. What do they set bump steer at and do they have inside bump out more? I see most Chevelle guys buying the 2" or 2.5" spacers for both sides. We don't have our cars like this but curious as to what they run for bump and why? Also any pierce or metric chassis guys here that run IMCA that do well? Or is this strictly USRA and UMP where they use bumps? Trying to find why I see less in IMCA that are competitive.

Truth is you can cheat up a metric chassis to better suit the front end geometry that the builders are after and ump doesn't care...Chevelle geometry is better as an oem configuration versus metric, that is why you see more chevelle frames in imca...

So where are they cheated up? I know UMP we have aftermarket lowers but what else is being moved?

I too wanna know where these cars are being cheated up. I have the same schematic drawing as you see with the Chevelle front end that has all the same measurements marked accordingly and have never found a discrepancy.

it is not in the frames, it is in the bolt on parts were the stuff is being cheated up.
    2011-12 Pierce made a RF lower control arm based off a NOVA that was probably 2-3" longer than a Nova. He moved the RF spring bucket out a long way, and there was no weight jack bolt.
    UMP has a rule that the weight jack can be 1" off of original centerline. Since there was no jackbolt, I guess there was no rule for that.

Pretty sure he does not built that deal anymore, unless he is putting a weight jack on it.
    2012 UMP was checking a lot of lower A arms at bigger shows.
    Not sure what he is doing now, just remember that deal.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.