Senoia Raceway's track reconfiguration project is nearly complete as the new promoter team of Bill Massey, Mayes Massey and Doug Stevens prepare the facility for their first year. Stevens has torn down the interior walls through the turns which widened the racing surface to 90 feet. There has also been 200 truckloads of Georgia red clay added to the surface.

“I want the drivers racing down the straightaway trying to figure out where they are going to run through the corner,” said Stevens. “Where can I pass the man in front of me? Or where is my car going to run the fastest? Because all the options will be possible.”

Many veteran racers have said recently that one of the issues with Senoia Raceway’s return to dirt track racing was the interior walls in the corners were limiting the drivers choices for racing. The narrow corners made it difficult to race side by side or pass. The walls were put in place during the 80’s transition to asphalt.

“These changes should give us better racing action and drivers running in multiple grooves,” said Stevens. “Speaking with Shane Clanton, Ray Cook and Gary Winger a few weeks ago, they agreed that the wider turns should get this place back to a great place to race.”

If the weather stays favorable, the drivers should have their first shot at testing the new surface and configuration on Saturday, February 21st when the track hosts a test-n-tune. The drivers will go for real only two weeks later when the track opens on Saturday, March 7th.

The trio has aggressive plans for the 2015 season as they plan to host weekly racing in three late model divisions. The Super Late Models will headline the racing action with Limited Late Models and Crate Late Models also competing nightly. The B Cadets, Hobby Stock, Mini Stock and Bombers will also be on the nightly schedule. Legends Cars and Modified Mini will run on some nights this season.

For more information on Senoia Raceway, visit the track website at www.senoiaraceway.com.