Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I highly doubt the dillion boys would show up to any high profile usmts show an dominate like they did in Florida. Not saying they wouldn't make shows or be out to lunch just saying they wouldn't dominate. The competition top to bottom is alot different in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by george w View Post
    I highly doubt the dillion boys would show up to any high profile usmts show an dominate like they did in Florida. Not saying they wouldn't make shows or be out to lunch just saying they wouldn't dominate. The competition top to bottom is alot different in my opinion.
    Uhm yeah...the guys that race UMP (UMP being a sanctioning body, not a national touring series) are local race car drivers that all (most) have a 9-5. USMTS (USMTS being a national touring series, like World of Outlaws or Lucas Oil) is full of professional race car drivers that do it for a living.

...think sometimes people get this confused.
    Just anotha guy on 4m who think's they know what they're talking about...

I'd be interested in in seeing an IL guy like mike harrison go down there with his own stuff. He's ran with usmts a few times and won them. I remember him coming from the b main at lake of the ozarks and blowing their doors off. Guy is flat up on the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by AnothaBenchRacer View Post
    Uhm yeah...the guys that race UMP (UMP being a sanctioning body, not a national touring series) are local race car drivers that all (most) have a 9-5. USMTS (USMTS being a national touring series, like World of Outlaws or Lucas Oil) is full of professional race car drivers that do it for a living.

so whats there 9-5 during the month of feb ?

Quote Originally Posted by AnothaBenchRacer View Post

I know nothing about most mod guys other than the ones around here. Guys that run for the money in UMP like Strickler, Bronson and Hoffman that show up in double stack trailers with every top of the line part made...must have some pretty d@mn good jobs to be in Florida for 3 weeks.

Guys that race regionally and use smaller trailers are probably those 9-5'ers you are talking about. I wasn't referring to them at all.

Simply saying IF the Dillon boys and usmts boys were to ever face off somewhere it would be something to see for a mod fan.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 03-04-2015 at 07:36 AM.

Let em race. Hell i remember when Austin was the fast qualifier at the world several years ago. you can tell he loves to drive on the dirt and they're bringing more exposure to the dirt. People will b*tch when i driver moves on to asphalt but whine when one of big dawgs drops in once in awhile

The Dillons might as well drop down to mods. They sure arent a threat in cup in grandpas cars. The kid with the cowboy hat kills me. I dont have a thing against them for having money, i just dont think they would be in the majors if their grandpa wasnt a major player. They arent bad drivers, but stars? I dont see it. It probably is frustrating for guys who work hard all week, work overtime to have a car to race and then get hammered by a nascar hauler full of parts that cost more than their homes. The fans love it cause they see" a big name". Cant blame them I guess. Its a free country and life isnt fair, but like the one guy said. I hope these big shots get it handed to them when they show up in the little sandbox. I would pay to see that. Unlike a nascrap race.

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    The Dillons might as well drop down to mods. They sure arent a threat in cup in grandpas cars. The kid with the cowboy hat kills me. I dont have a thing against them for having money, i just dont think they would be in the majors if their grandpa wasnt a major player. They arent bad drivers, but stars? I dont see it. It probably is frustrating for guys who work hard all week, work overtime to have a car to race and then get hammered by a nascar hauler full of parts that cost more than their homes. The fans love it cause they see" a big name". Cant blame them I guess. Its a free country and life isnt fair, but like the one guy said. I hope these big shots get it handed to them when they show up in the little sandbox. I would pay to see that. Unlike a nascrap race.
    /\ Couldn't agree more. Might have Dale's number but not the heart. Silver spoon boys that never worked for anything.
    Last edited by QQQQ; 03-05-2015 at 08:51 PM.

I like all the ()itching people do against people who give there brethren every advantage they can. I bet these are the same guys who build their kids pinewood derby cars so maybe there kid can win...my point is that every one of us give our kids the best leg up we can, hopefully we don't screw it up too bad and still teach them humility, compassion, empathy and all the rest we all need to have to be successful in life. If I had the dime to put my kid in a car and he wanted to you bet your butt I would do it with the best I could buy, from safety to engines to suspension. Don't know Childress, Elliot or any of the rest of them for that. Heck, I saw the Moffit kid when he was in sport mods in Boone on a weekly basis. Now there is a kid that was spoon fed from a silver spoon right to the top as he wrecked everyone else stuff along the way. I remember at the Boone Nationals one night when he wrecked bad and the rear end was hanging out of the car, one of daddy's friends asked me as I walked by, "will he be able to race tomorrow?" I looked up and over at there double stacker, three cars and Bob Harris wrenching away on the junked car while little Brett cried in the drivers seat and said with his daddy's big ol checkbook he'll be fine and walked away...
    Last edited by MotoMatt; 03-06-2015 at 11:42 AM.

If there was such a thing as tech at racetracks these days it would not matter how much money a guy had. The problem is, is there is not....... not even at the $500 to win weekly shows. Don't worry tho, Sam says taking the spoilers away is going to save the class.