Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Childress and the Dillon boys

With UMP starting up in Florida this week, I just got to say whats on my mind. Everyone complains about the money it takes to run UMP Mods, but does Richard Childress and the Dillon Boys really have to stick there noses in and prove they can out money the dirt guys? Really? I know some will say its good for the sport because they will bring attention to the Mods, but I feel if they wanted to bring attention they could help more by showing up at a local 600 to win race now and then. Your local promoter would love that. Ya the guys can wheel for sure, thats why they are in Nascar, do you really have anything to prove to the local dirt guys? We get it, you have unlimited funds and resources. Whats next, if they put up a couple grand for a hornet race, you gona come take that money? Now I dont have a problem with Kenny Wallace or Schrader, they have retired from the bigs and if they want to play in the dirt then have at it. They have more resources than most also, but at least they arent an active cup team. Let the little guys have there race and winnings. No one wants to see Tom Brady come back and play High School football do they?
    Last edited by QQQQ; 01-27-2015 at 06:45 PM.

why not Schrader and Wallace do also besides you know as well as I do most guys that run UMP fulltime are not down there if you had Harrison Long Walsh you know the guys on the top of the list every weekly I would hey what s up with that but none of those guys show up if those guys showed up the dillion boys would not be as dominate
    Last edited by LITE-INN; 01-26-2015 at 09:42 PM.

I guess my point is, why does an active cup driver and Team owner feel they need to drop all the way down to a dirt mod to get some more fame? Dont they have enough? How many levels below Cup is a dirt mod???

who say sany thing about fame they just racing just like anybody else does some would a say a dirt mod is above the cup scenne esp with the non racing bs they have been d oing the last the couple of years ie the race to the chase

I agree 100%. If they want to race down there get in a latemodel!

Last I checked it's a free country! I have no problem with it!

Quote Originally Posted by QQQQ View Post
    With UMP starting up in Florida this week, I just got to say whats on my mind. Everyone complains about the money it takes to run UMP Mods, but does Richard Childress and the Dillon Boys really have to stick there noses in and prove they can out money the dirt guys? Really? I know some will say its good for the sport because they will bring attention to the Mods, but I feel if they wanted to bring attention they could help more by showing up at a local 600 to win race now and then. Your local promoter would love that. Ya the guys can wheel for sure, thats why they are in Nascar, do you really have anything to prove to the local dirt guys? We get it, you have unlimited funds and resources. Whats next, if they put up a couple grand for a hornet race, you gona come take that money? Now I dont have a problem with Kenny Wallace or Schrader, they have retired from the bigs and if they want to play in the dirt then have at it. They have more resources than most also, but at least they arent an active cup team. Let the little guys have there race and winnings. No one wants to see Tom Brady come back and play High School football do they?
    You do realize that Wallace and Schrader bring the same sort of money the Dillons do? Stop hating. Seriously.

I hope they get there as*** handed to them every night.

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    why not Schrader and Wallace do also besides you know as well as I do most guys that run UMP fulltime are not down there if you had Harrison Long Walsh you know the guys on the top of the list every weekly I would hey what s up with that but none of those guys show up if those guys showed up the dillion boys would not be as dominate
    And don't forget Lomax! Lol

most modified drivers want to race against the best.

I dont think the cup drivers are anything special, its more about the resources they have available to them. How many engineers does Childress employ? If he wanted to spend a week in the wind tunnel, he sure could, etc, etc. You dont see Bloomquist running a Street Stock. To me its kinda like the same thing.

Its beneath bloomer to run a street stock plus we saw what did in a truck or midget lol let the dillion boys race

Thanks for the red thing by name chicken(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)!

Ya I got one too. I guess you cant have an opinion these days!

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    Its beneath bloomer to run a street stock plus we saw what did in a truck or midget lol let the dillion boys race
    Owens was cool with it

Quote Originally Posted by QQQQ View Post
    I guess my point is, why does an active cup driver and Team owner feel they need to drop all the way down to a dirt mod to get some more fame? Dont they have enough? How many levels below Cup is a dirt mod???
    one reason for Childress to field a couple dirt cars his RCR ENGINES build engines designed for ump mod,latemodel and lower level pavement cars. Having spent all that money to have his two grandsons trained to race on dirt he might fill they owe him a few wins n dirt now that the wins on pavement are going to be few and fare between.

I don’t see the big deal at all I think it’s really cool they choose mods over late models and sprint cars. And what guy would not want to race against nascar talent, not many chances to do that. I bet my savings account that there will be a car there that more money has been spent on then there’s.

Money does not win races. People win races. Sure having a large budget available to dip from can be viewed as an advantage, but when it all boils down, it is people that make it all happen. For example, if I have $30,000 for a budget, and another guy has $60000 available for his budget, more often than not my $30,000 will out run the $60000 dollar budget due to having a better understanding of race car vehicle dynamics. The race team that works the hardest at the shop to be the best usually is one of the best. The importance of winning and the path to success is all a result of hard work because you wanted to win more than the other guy. You cannot buy that with money. I highly recommend implementing an education plan into your racing program if you have not already.
    Find me on Facebook: Impetus Dirt Racing Technologies

Money wins races.

Some here would give the impression that if the Dillon boys show up, regular mod drivers might as well go home.
    I DON'T THINK SO!