Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If that one poster would do alittle research the dillon boys are not scared to drag a latemodel out and go race that.. you can bet money most every racer down there love it when they show up..

Well austin won last night.. lets see if he can keep it up now that they have hoffman and boggs both there..

Can Boggs fit through the window of a mod? I believe Hoffman was who finished second to Dillon.

Lets see how many races he can keep them back there.. hey the dillions do good for nomore dirt races than they do each year.. yeah we did some modifications, alittle butter and he slides right in.. lol

I hope he runs well once he is in. lol

Changed the interior on drivers door.. people will copy it that you can count on..

Well UMP got what they wanted. Dillon's won it all in Florida. They kept the track heavy so they could hook up those 900HP Nascar motors. Wallace admits to 830HP in that TRD motor and it couldnt keep up. It was great to watch those boys shoot to the lead in a couple laps when everyone else couldnt pass. So they got all the money and the big Gators!

QQQQ I bet that is exactly the case and it had nothing to do with talent at all. I am sure all the other guys that made the trip to Florida in their big toter homes were running engines from salvage yards. They also were screwed because they had to work at Walmart as greeters during the day while in Florida just to be able to afford a pit pass and spam sammiches and didnt have any time to work on their cars.

Just need more power. That's always the answer is more power. Hell give Wallace 5000 HP he still wouldn't beat Dillon at Volusia.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

??? Don't you STILL have to drive them to win?

Hey the Dillon boys can drive, just have a hard time believing that guys that only run a few dirt races a year are Sooooooo much better than the guys who do it every week. Gilpin runs 80 shows a year, he can obviously drive, they blew right by him. There MB cars are good, but they arent that much better than all the other chassis down there. They could drive them in deeper and come off harder than any cars there. So that tells me that the shock package was something nobody else has access to, no matter how much money you got, and there engines had way more power coming off than anyone else had, and thats saying something considering who all was there. Ya they can drive, but unlimited resources to the best technology doesnt hurt when your trying to show the 9 to 5 working guys that you can kick there buts.

I can also remember when the Dillion boys were racing dirt in a crate late model there were disqualifications for not so honest infractions...I am not saying they can't get around a joint like Volusia but I will always question it too

I'm just happy that we have events west of the Mississippi that you just don't show up in a modified once a year and win. I'd have to see the Dillons or any other NASCAR driver do it to believe it's possible. I'm talking King of America, Doug Murphrey Memorial, World Modified Dirt Track Championship, etc.

Scott Bloomquist ran one Mod show in a year and won it.. $100,000 to win Alltel 100 at Batesville about a decade ago.

I know what Rodney Sanders and Ryan Gustin did the last time they ran UMP Mods in Florida but it's been years since an 'eastern' Mod driver did well in a USMTS show. And don't give me the money bs. There are several high dollar Mod programs in UMP land and I'm not just talking NASCAR guys either...
    Last edited by hook; 02-18-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Might wanna check the blocks on those Clements motors...
    Just anotha guy on 4m who think's they know what they're talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by hook View Post
    I'm just happy that we have events west of the Mississippi that you just don't show up in a modified once a year and win. I'd have to see the Dillons or any other NASCAR driver do it to believe it's possible. I'm talking King of America, Doug Murphrey Memorial, World Modified Dirt Track Championship, etc.

Scott Bloomquist ran one Mod show in a year and won it.. $100,000 to win Alltel 100 at Batesville about a decade ago.

I know what Rodney Sanders and Ryan Gustin did the last time they ran UMP Mods in Florida but it's been years since an 'eastern' Mod driver did well in a USMTS show. And don't give me the money bs. There are several high dollar Mod programs in UMP land and I'm not just talking NASCAR guys either...

No we have a USMTS series that has had to keep creating new regions, chases, bonus and gimmicks much like Napcar so they can try and have what maybe 10 guys that contend for its championship?!

It originated in Iowa, are there even 5 races in Iowa this year for it?

cant someone claim engine & shocks

i take a show with 10 guys in open motors over 24 guys in crates

Quote Originally Posted by grandstandracer View Post
    i take a show with 10 guys in open motors over 24 guys in crates
    Strange post, Im guessing your talking about IMCA modifieds on this USMTS modified thread?

As for IMCA modifieds, if people are running crate motors its because they are FASTER for them... so you would rather see 10 guys go slower with tire frying open motors than 24 guys racing??

yes i would

I'd kinda like to see how the Dillon boys would do against the usmts guys if they were to ever go to Florida. Ump guys aren't any push overs by no means. Those usmts guys are the best in the nation in mods imo.

I know there is few differences in the cars btw. It's not like one could show up at the other and mop up.