Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anti reversion muffler

Are they worth the money or not. I know Hendrens are very reputable people and have done a lot for the crate racing community, just looking for some input on them.

Gonna try a set this year

run them on my mod with a 602 and still have them on when i run my built motor. they are better out the hole chassis dyno showed 15 ft more torque.

They work.

They were worth 15 lbs/ft on the dyno on my 400hp 10.5 to 1 360 2bbl motor. They definitely work. Mine are for sale if you need some. They are not legal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    They were worth 15 lbs/ft on the dyno on my 400hp 10.5 to 1 360 2bbl motor. They definitely work. Mine are for sale if you need some. They are not legal for us.
    What are you asking for them?

You guys that are bolting on these mufflers and picking up 15ft lb. I'm curious how much time you spent building headers prior to bolting on these mufflers and thinking they fixed a problem.

I spent no time on headers. The problem isn't in the headers, it's the cam and overlap. Hendren has been putting them on late models with custom headers and seeing gains as well. hendren said they picked up 60 lbs/ft on a super late model that was a well sorted out combo fwiw.

we use them in many 604 applications

very nice increase----I am not going to comment on actual numbers as that only leads to contaversy and debates

we see nothing negative----which is not the case with many component changes

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Thanks for all the input. Looks like it's all positive.

Brad, is there a particular brand you prefer, or is Hendrens the only one available?

They can be purchased directly from us. You can also buy them directly from store.crateinsider.com, from Brad at Race1, Willy's Carburetor & Dyno Shop, High Velocity Heads, and Bernheisel Racing Components. Our 3" inlet 3" outlet crate version, as well as out 3" inlet 3.5" outlet crate/open motor version can be purchased through Dynatech. Both are our design, produced by Dynatech. Our 3.5" inlet 3.5" outlet open motor (Sprint Car/Super Late Model) version is only available through us at this time. We may have Dynatech produce those as well in the future. For more information, feel free to call me. You can also call and speak directly to Willy at Willy's Carb. With the exception of us, he has dynoed more of these than anyone else out there.
    Steve Hendren
    Hendren Racing Engines
    1310 US HWY 221 North
    Rutherfordton, NC 28139
    (828)-286-0780

hendrenracing@gmail.com
    https://www.facebook.com/hendren.racingengines
    https://www.facebook.com/HendrenRacingEnginesInc
    Certified Engine Builder for: NeSmith, RUSH, SECA, RUSH Sportsman Modified Series.

Default Mufflers

Are these imca legal for a mod?

So after reading on Crate Insider it appears these are targeted towards classes that do not allow tri-y's? we dont have crate lates around here so i have never paid attention to the rules, is that the case?

Stock car 5 your in box is full!!!

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    So after reading on Crate Insider it appears these are targeted towards classes that do not allow tri-y's? we dont have crate lates around here so i have never paid attention to the rules, is that the case?
    Crate Insider is geared toward crates and mostly toward crate late models. The three major crate late model sanctioning bodies (Fastrak, Nesmith, and UMP) all prohibit the use of Tri-Y headers. Most other regional and local sanctions/tracks derive their rules from one of these 3 and I don't know of any that allow Tri-Y headers.

What would be better on a 1/4 mile or so track The 3" Inlet 3" Outlet or the 3" - 3 1/2" Thanks for any input.

Thanks Matt, thats what i gathered from reading crate insider

Thanks for all the mentions about our site. Yes, we gear all of our tech info directly to Crates (regardless of the applicability to other classes). On the Tri-y's, they are allowed in some modified classes, but not allowed in most late model classes.
    Kate Dillon
    kate@crateinsider.com
    For the latest info on the Crate Industry, check out our website at www.CrateInsider.com
    We also have a NEW Online Store at store.crateinsider.com

Default hey steve h.

I have a set of shoenfeld headers with the extensions they suggest.would I just add to those extensions or cut them off. Thanks dennis